Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing post thunderstorms and rain

Posted By: Gonzo89

Fishing post thunderstorms and rain - 08/17/15 04:22 PM

With the upcoming rain in the forecast id like to know if there was any advice or general rules of thumb I should be aware of when fishing for whites and hybrids. I know the obvious things like to watch out for trees and debris on the lake. As far as the actual fish are concerned I'm kind of at a loss and google searches seem to be conflicted. I was planning on going out Wednesday afternoon after the morning thunderstorms.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Fishing post thunderstorms and rain - 08/17/15 05:59 PM

Not sure a little rain is going to impact fishing. Now a major cold front will. Sounds like you are planning for a major flood. I do not think you have to worry about the front or the flood.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Fishing post thunderstorms and rain - 08/17/15 06:24 PM

A morning thunderstorm is not going to wash a lot of dangerous debris into the lake, so I wouldn't worry about that. Shouldn't have much of an impact on fishing either.
Posted By: Gonzo89

Re: Fishing post thunderstorms and rain - 08/17/15 07:54 PM

Ok, great to hear! I didn't think it would seeing as usually I am fishing in 15-30 FOW. Thanks guys!
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Fishing post thunderstorms and rain - 08/17/15 08:36 PM

IF you see lighting, get off the water. Otherwise a little rain will feel good. I have also seen the rain turn the fish on, as it cools things off a little
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: Fishing post thunderstorms and rain - 08/17/15 09:11 PM

Generally speaking, I would say rain only helps improve the fishing, just before the rain hits is best, as in the 12 hours leading up to it raining. Several factors involved, the clouds, pressure and rain adds oxygen to the water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum