Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota Ulterra Review

Posted By: BlueTuna

Minn Kota Ulterra Review - 08/16/15 03:40 PM

Thanks to David at Shut and Fish I was one of several to recieve the Ulterra when it rolled off the production line. Mine is the 36 VDC, 60" shaft with ILink. After fishing with it for around 5 months the deploy and stow features have not failed once. The ILink of course is incredible and has worked without a hitch. I would definitely recommend the Skeeter slide bracket sold by R&R Design in Terrell. Only time will tell how the unit will fare over the long run. But for now this 61 year old who wears an above the knee prosthetic leg will enjoy fishing with this innovative Minn Kota product!
Posted By: BassBucknBeer

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra Review - 08/16/15 05:13 PM

I second everything you said, except I have had one stow/deploy issue. While deployed, I drifted into a tree stump and the motor was twisted around (heard snaps and pops)I guess this messed up its perceived position and it tried to stow with the motor not completely straight. It pulled it up, but would not deploy without assistance. I manually twisted it back in place (more snaps and pops)and it seems to be fine... Other than that, it's been great
Posted By: MJHartman

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra Review - 08/16/15 09:49 PM

Thanks for the R&R plate recommendation.Went by to pick mine up after a day on Twok.Just waiting on the Riptide to come in . Did not make the jump to the Ulterra,but I am glad it is working out well for you.

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra Review - 08/16/15 10:21 PM

Thanks MJ
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra Review - 08/17/15 01:39 AM

I know you are loving that unit Terry, congratulations.

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra Review - 08/17/15 01:20 PM

Gene, Thanks I am loving it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum