Texas Fishing Forum

Tough day on lavon

Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Tough day on lavon - 08/14/15 05:02 AM

Shifting wind had the fish messed up and scattered, whenever I would get on a pod of fish they'd move on pretty quickly. Lots of yellows and lots of smalls. Hopefully the south wind comes back soon and so do the mags.
Posted By: sloveless

Re: Tough day on lavon - 08/14/15 09:17 PM

I'm gonna try to get out there this evening, and maybe do some night fishing for the first time ever. I'll let you know how the pm bite does. fish
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Tough day on lavon - 08/14/15 09:55 PM

Do you know what ramps are open. Looking for East Fork
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Tough day on lavon - 08/14/15 10:09 PM

Youll have to check the COE website for lavon.
Posted By: Dusty Dooley

Re: Tough day on lavon - 08/14/15 11:54 PM

I heard east fork wont open this year, there was damage done to ramps during flood. That's what I heard anyway
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: Tough day on lavon - 08/15/15 12:54 AM

Told me the same. Wave damage.
Posted By: MJBJr1

Re: Tough day on lavon - 08/15/15 03:26 AM

Could not find em this evening..pick up some dinks and cats a Lovonia, and a few sands at the dam but could not find a school
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Tough day on lavon - 08/15/15 04:16 AM

I came real close going to Lavon today but I took the kids golfing instead. Does anyone know if you can get a pontoon under the 380 bridge? And how deep the water is (approx)? I was thinking about trying for some crappie under the bridge. The ramp on the west end would be my closest ramp that's open. Its been 25 years and I can't remember much about it.
Posted By: sloveless

Re: Tough day on lavon - 08/16/15 12:51 AM

PM bite was pretty bad for us. We caught 5 magnums trolling shad patterns, but couldn't get anything to bite a slab. Few drinks were caught after dark. Either it was just a bad day for a bite or my night fishing mojo sucks. There were fish all over the Lavoniq shorelines, just not active.

May be back out in the am, hopefully will have better luck.
Posted By: Donny38

Re: Tough day on lavon - 08/17/15 08:54 PM

Same here we went out last night a few blues, and small dinks. I was marking them but like they had lock jaw!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum