Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Waco Report - Monday 8/10/2015

Posted By: Dennis Christian

Lake Waco Report - Monday 8/10/2015 - 08/11/15 12:48 AM

Pulled my boat over to Waco and took #1 grandson Sam fishing on Lake Waco this morning. Had not seen or heard of any reports since the lake came back to normal levels after flooding this spring. We went to the usual 2 spots: Old Hwy 6 roadbed and the old submerged dam, but neither were holding fish. So we went to the bubbles and found 4 separate bubbles outlets. We cast #2 and 4 Mepps and caught 15 fish in 35 minutes. Fourteen were 10 to 12 inch sandies and one was an LMB.

That stopped so we went searching for some new (to us) structures. I have the Southern US Maps chip to plug into my 899 Hummingbird, and it seems to have all the detailed contours for Lake Waco. So, we went to some good looking structures out from the dam and a little east of the spillway. Searched until we marked fish in 18 fow. We sat there and caught another 106 fish all sandies except a cat and a short hybrid. These sandies were bigger than those at the bubbles ranging from 12 inches to 15 inches with most around 13 inches. All at this spot were caught on #4 Mepps cranking fast up from the bottom.

While there we met a couple of guys in a center console who had pulled up in ear-shot, were fishing with live shad and pulling in some big hybrids - one was 27 inches. They were from Lake Belton where they said fishing has not been too good and so came to Lake Waco for 1st time today.

Sam with nice white:

Yours truly with a Waco white:
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Lake Waco Report - Monday 8/10/2015 - 08/12/15 02:36 AM

Added photos.
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Lake Waco Report - Monday 8/10/2015 - 08/12/15 02:54 AM

Very nice Dennis ... Way to wack da Waco sandies!! cheers
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Lake Waco Report - Monday 8/10/2015 - 08/12/15 07:44 AM

Nice. thumb

I want to get out into those Hybrids one day. thumb