Texas Fishing Forum

Whitney today - 8/4

Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Whitney today - 8/4 - 08/04/15 10:26 PM

Met Rob again at Whitney, launched from Loafers Bend and headed East where we really got into them last Friday. Darn fish just can't depend on them to do the same thing every day. We started fishing around 6am knowing the show wouldn't start until sunrise. Caught several baby LMB and had a few other strikes on top water. We were in 6ft of water and started catching sandies. Very little surfacing and not marking much on the graph. As the sun came up so did the activity but agian not much on surface but spinner baits and flies were pulling them in two at a time. At one point I had a double every cast for 4 casts in a row. Several times we had double doubles. This lasted about an hour. They did surface but small schools and only for a minute or two. This dwindled to surface for 30 seconds or less. We were chasing a dream as at most you would get one or two but mostly nothing. Left there and went to the island. Searched around there and dragged crank baits. 1 small stripe and two catfish. Went back to Towash area and found a hump that looked promising.Dropped some slabs and Rob caught two nice keeper stripers and I caught one under and then they were gone. Great day on Whitney with a great friend.

Double on spinners

Robs stripe

Posted By: liketofishalot

Re: Whitney today - 8/4 - 08/04/15 11:02 PM

Last Sunday I chased surfacing fish for an hour before I downsized my lures and caught about 20 baby lm bass
Wasn't the target fish but was cool to see them school like that
Looks like Whitney bass fishin should be getting a lot better
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Whitney today - 8/4 - 08/06/15 09:28 PM

Nice fish.Good report. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum