Texas Fishing Forum

What's Eagle Mtn doing?

Posted By: jayboy75

What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/03/15 12:35 PM

Have npt seen any reports for a long time. What are the Sadies doing? Where are they hanging out?
Posted By: flyrodphil

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/03/15 01:42 PM

Probably somebody is tearing them up.
Posted By: Carolinacat

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/03/15 02:40 PM

We caught a few this morning. Humps and points. 25 feet of water.
Posted By: SWH

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/03/15 11:51 PM

Around the island is producing.
Posted By: Gonzo89

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/04/15 01:56 AM

I've heard "the island" before, are yall referring to pelican island?? Or one of the islands further north on the lake? I was out there on Sunday and saw some craziness just west of the southernmost island on the lake. We saw gar boiling the top, literally hundreds of gar just going crazy. We actually caught one on a pet spoon! We got it to the boat and the 3ft long gar snapped the 17lb flouro when we reached down to try and throw the gar in the boat. Afterwards we went to the cove directly across the lake from twin points and had about a minute of top water action. After that it died off then the soleniod on my motor went out...so after pull starting it with the trolling motor rope we went in.

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/04/15 03:22 AM

Is pelican island out from shady grove park?

That's wha I was speaking about and typically your sand bass folks say on the south end of the lake. The best surfacing I've seen on eagle mountain has been just south of that island but hadn't seen it with quality in two years.
Posted By: jayboy75

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/04/15 12:45 PM

Thanks a bunch guys. I knew that someone has been catching some. I hope to get out soon as the heat dies down.
Posted By: LipRip

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/04/15 02:01 PM

The lake is looking better but fishing is still tough! Everything I have been marking is at Mach 1 speed. Catch a couple and then they are gone as fast as they came.
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/04/15 02:19 PM

They are "running"!
Posted By: Upanddown

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/04/15 02:31 PM

What have they been hitting....when they hit?

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/04/15 07:36 PM

Slabs are what I have been catching mine on.
Posted By: bigtexnick

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/05/15 09:01 PM

I went out early Saturday 8-1-15. Went to Twin Points, Baptist Point, south of the island, and the ridge/creek line directly south of the island --- nada, zero, zilch. Not even a bite. I did mark a few fish, but nothing to get excited about. Counted about 14 boats all around me, just waiting for surfacing fish south of the island. But I didn't hear or see anybody else catching a thing. It was a wickedly slow day. I figured with the little bit of rain, clouds, and small front moving in early last weekend, that the pressure would drop a bit and the fishing might pick up. I was wrong.

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/05/15 10:14 PM

It's been slim pickens lately for sure.

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/05/15 11:51 PM

Went out today. One small blue cat running the hellpet by the dam. Couldn't find a fish to save my life. Seemed to be fish an bait on the graph but nothing would produce.
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/06/15 03:09 AM

Waiting on me to get back from vacation. LOL
Johnny

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/06/15 05:39 AM

Hopefully it will straighten out soon.
Posted By: BODA

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/06/15 11:55 AM

ive been out from lake country a few times over the last couple weeks, tons of shad working in the sloughs, just nothing under them, weather has been good for cruising as it hasn't been too windy
Posted By: Ruff n Redi

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/07/15 12:27 PM

Johnny we need you down here to find the fish and tell us where they are. Kerry and I went last weekend and marked some fish at our cut. Caught 3 on hell pet then they were gone. To hot to get away from AC very long. Have a "cool time" where you are.
fish
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/07/15 02:03 PM

Yeah it is cool up here. From what I am hearing from several guys no need to rush home the fishing
on Eagle Mountain sucks. Looking forward to fall fishing with water in lake. Although they are letting it
out. Will not be long and it will be low again .
Johnny
Posted By: jballauer

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/07/15 02:21 PM

Which ramps are open?

Re: What's Eagle Mtn doing? - 08/07/15 03:17 PM

All of them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum