Texas Fishing Forum

lake cooper

Posted By: Chaders

lake cooper - 08/03/15 01:26 AM

Anyone been to copper lately? Planning on making a trip in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: Joenathan

Re: lake cooper - 08/03/15 02:15 PM

Book a trip with tony Parker for your first day. He will show you everything you need to know about catching on cooper. Then you will be a fish catching master for the rest of your stay. I'm fishing with tony today. This will be my 3rd trip with him. He is the man on cooper lake.
Posted By: Scotty P

Re: lake cooper - 08/03/15 04:15 PM

Hope the fishing picks up for you. There were about 25 of us out there this weekend. Not sure if there was a total of 25 fish caught on Saturday. Hit every hump and point out there many times. SLOW! Had fun though!
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: lake cooper - 08/03/15 04:39 PM

I was with the "25" we got 20 Fri pm and 2 Sat am, go with Tony P or change plans and hit Tawakoni, we left at noon Sat and went to Tawakoni, did great as usual.
Posted By: Filletmaker

Re: lake cooper - 08/03/15 07:18 PM

It sucked Saturday. Some of the best fishermen in the area fished it and couldn't buy a bite. But everybody had a great time sometimes it's not about the catching. Like they say worst day fishing is better than being at work.
Posted By: Golfer Bryan

Re: lake cooper - 08/03/15 07:44 PM

I saw the large group of guys on the lake Friday and Saturday and the fishing was tough due to all the loud music and beer cans floating on the lake. Those guys looked like the were having a great time. I fished for about 8 hours both days and caught around 25 small sand bass on the humps. Fishing was tough.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: lake cooper - 08/03/15 08:21 PM

We netted some beer cans and they were unopened!! Our lucky day.
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: lake cooper - 08/03/15 08:53 PM

Looks like some folks have lost a yard on their fast beer toss.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: lake cooper - 08/03/15 09:04 PM

Yes these city slickers were loud and rowdy all right! And they told me Cooper was quiet cheers

Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: lake cooper - 08/03/15 09:47 PM

Just think...Cooper will be quite again until August 2016 !! You might wanna plan away from Jim Chapman this time next year just saying cheer balloons cheer

Fishing was sporadic to slow to zero for the floating skeeter jukebox .. The group that was present on our annual throw down by far made up for a slow catching it was a second to none group of guys that filled 6 boats by the time Saturday afternoon rolled around! Parker had jetted out of town that weekend but book him for your Cooper fishing needs then you'll be set up for any other time to fish that lake cheers Lots of humps and ridges and brush that the fish hang out on there use the electronics and jump from spot to spot until ya find a few that are slow move off of.. Good luck
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: lake cooper - 08/04/15 10:50 AM

Fun times, back at the slab lab today! Can't catch 100 fish every day on every trip? Weather was freakE Thur
Posted By: Piper354

Re: lake cooper - 08/04/15 10:52 AM

I thought Cooper was a bit 'crowded' on Saturday. I was the guy in the gray jon boat saturday afternoon/evening. No fish. Last saturday, two limits and hybrids all over the place.

Mike
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: lake cooper - 08/04/15 10:56 AM

Our boat did pretty good but nothing like last year. The food was GREAT!!! ( of course i cooked it --LOL-- roflmao roflmao roflmao )
Glad to see everyone and we had a good time. Love that place thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: lake cooper - 08/04/15 12:36 PM

I think if there are more than 5-6 boats on that lake at any given time the fish get spooked.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum