Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni to try for cats

Posted By: EPIC Steve

Tawakoni to try for cats - 08/01/15 04:12 PM

I am new to cat fishing. I'm thinking about trying by the dam around dark. Any suggestins would be apprcated. I have a green light. Going to put in at Holiday. Thanks
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: Tawakoni to try for cats - 08/01/15 06:30 PM

lemme know how you did.

Re: Tawakoni to try for cats - 08/02/15 02:27 PM

0 cats . Sand bass boilng by Holiday around 8pm, got 8 sand bass and one nice hybrid. would have got more sand bass but did not have my ducks in a roll. lol
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Tawakoni to try for cats - 08/02/15 04:20 PM

Steve were you out from the dam Sat pm by yourself? We were in the red/white CC. coming in we see some schooling N of wolfe with 2 boat shows south of that, we did great on larger good yesterday, few sand bass.

Re: Tawakoni to try for cats - 08/02/15 10:41 PM

I was with my wife, her friend and 2 kids. We where in the blue EPIC. There was one other boat when the birds started working for about 15 minutes ended up with about 5 boats. I think we would have caught more but only had 2 rods ready and was trying change lures, cast for 2 kids and take off fish. I felt like a week end warier fishing guide. LOL It all was good kids, wife and friend had fun. Thanks for all the help and keep Cool
Took the kids skiing today at Cedar Creek we had a blast
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: Tawakoni to try for cats - 08/03/15 04:52 PM

Sounds like a good trip still. I was in Canton yesterday catching some good deals for knick knacks for my upcoming wedding and our back yard. So close, yet so far away hammer
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Tawakoni to try for cats - 08/06/15 05:16 PM

You were probably fishing too deep for this time of year for cats.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum