Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek

Posted By: rdmac

Cedar Creek - 07/31/15 06:55 PM

Any reports on Cedar Creek? Headed there in the morning.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Cedar Creek - 07/31/15 07:23 PM

I was out this morning and caught only 42 in 4 hours: 25 whites,14 keeper yellow bass, a cat and 2 hybrids both 24 inches long. Had to keep moving to catch these with n more than 6 or 7 fish at each spot. Spots fished included Long Ridge, Iron Wall Hump, Spillway Hump, the Rock Pile, Enchanted Isle Ridge and Key Ranch Drop-off. Caught 90 % on #4 Mepps and a few on #2 . Fish were in 15 to 26 fow.
Posted By: flyingmonkey70

Re: Cedar Creek - 07/31/15 09:58 PM

Hey Dennis I was re-watching your mepps video. What time of year do you have luck on east hump or swing set hump? I've tried around there a few times and haven't had much luck. Also just to confirm that east hump is not the shallow hump in that area that is about 100 yards off the shoreline. It's farther out in the lake near the sumberged bridge in the navionics map online.
Posted By: Laner

Re: Cedar Creek - 07/31/15 10:11 PM

Been seeing a lot of surface action in the mornings on the south end, although it's predominantly small hybrids. Windblown humps and points have been doing well in 12-20ft, casting Cotton Cordell chrome slabs or trolling Hell Benders/Pet Spoons.
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/01/15 12:27 AM

Thank yall for the tips and reports. I'll let yall know how we do tomorrow!
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/02/15 06:38 PM

flyingmonkey70: Generally this has been a below normal year for white bass in the south end of the lake. I have to keep going north to find good concentrations of fish. You are right re East Hump. It is southeast of Swingset Hump in 30+ fow, and when the lake is full its top is 27 fow. Now it's about 26.5 fow. It fishes better when the lake is a couple or more fow low. I have not found any good concentrations there yet this year, but the best time of year for it is April-June. I found them only one time so far this year on Swing-set Hump. The best south end structure for me so far this year has been Saint Annes Point East.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum