Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard turning around?

Posted By: GasPasser

Ray Hubbard turning around? - 07/31/15 03:36 AM

Fishing has been great on LL but I hate having to drive to Lewisville when I am nearer to Ray Hubbard sometimes. Despite the long drive, I still make the trip prompted by the slow reports and slow outings. If SeaPro Todd is having a tough time, what chance do I have? Others times, It is just too easy to be lazy and to stay inside for the comfort of the AC. But thrice now I have ventured out to look for them. I know three times is not a pattern make but I think I have found that pattern. Thus far, same bat time and same bat channel they have been there waiting for me. Stacked packed and ready to attack my slabs. They schooled and pushed shads up all around me too. Easy limit within an hour. The sandies I have caught aren't CC or Twok size but they are angry, more angry than other lakes? Oh, there are lots of yellow bass too. If I don't catch a sandy or two fast, a yellow bass will latch on like that! they maybe small but their appetite is something else.

Anyway, I hope this is a start to a better catching days ahead of us on Ray Hubbard.

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Ray Hubbard turning around? - 07/31/15 07:55 AM

i used to fish under the I30 bridge at night and caught hundreds of sand bass. I know the water was gone from that area during the drought. Now that it is back, I have been thinking of going back but just hate the drive and $20 lainch fee if they aren't back. Anyone know how the night gishing is right now for thdm?
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Ray Hubbard turning around? - 07/31/15 11:41 AM

Very nice GP!!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Ray Hubbard turning around? - 07/31/15 12:29 PM

Ha! GassyRick, your report is worthless without GPS WP, time of day, water temp, wind speed, trolling speed, etc etc stir

But glad you nailed them thrice in a row! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum