Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar creek help for this weekend with wife and daughter

Posted By: DAN-O

Cedar creek help for this weekend with wife and daughter - 07/24/15 07:40 PM

Taking My wife and daughter to Cedar Creek Lake this weekend. Will get there about 2:00 Saturday and staying the night at Hidden Creek cabins. Going to run a few juglines...but more importantly, I would like to put them on some sand bass/hybrids Saturday evening and Subday morning before we leave at noon Sunday. Any tips on where to find the sand bass and catch them on slabs? Have Hell-Pets rigged up and ready to go as well if need be, but prefer not to troll all the time with a 150 ho motor. Thanks in advance for all replies. Cramming catfishing on rod and Reel from the dock in as well at night. Too hot for them to be out there during heat of the day.
Posted By: flyingmonkey70

Re: Cedar creek help for this weekend with wife and daughter - 07/24/15 07:58 PM

I haven't been out in a week or so and didn't catch a ton when I was there last. Would recommend reading Dennis Christian's reports.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Cedar creek help for this weekend with wife and daughter - 07/24/15 11:00 PM

Guide Lane Palmer says they have been schooling in the early afternoon but didn't say where. I think your best bet is trolling the hell-pet. I try to emulate that by making long casts and swimming a #2 silver Mepps Aglia spinner along the bottom - after I locate fish down on 10 to 15 fow structure. Key Ranch Drop-off, Merimac Point, Crappie Island Point SW and St Annes Point are shallow structures that have been holding sandies. Good luck!
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Cedar creek help for this weekend with wife and daughter - 07/25/15 03:24 AM

Denis. Thanks for your Christian website
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum