Texas Fishing Forum

Twok or Lewisville

Posted By: A J V

Twok or Lewisville - 07/14/15 01:52 AM

Haven't been fishing on my boat for about a year due to being busy. I finally have the chance to go out now and i was wondering which of these lakes would give me a better chance of getting on some fish. I'm open to other lakes as well around the dfw. I have also heard most ramps at Lewisville are shut down. Are there any private ramps open? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Twok or Lewisville - 07/14/15 01:59 AM

Little elm is the only ramp open but I suspect hidden cove will open shortly. The fish are not on the tie regular summer pattern.
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Twok or Lewisville - 07/14/15 01:46 PM

Twak if you want to catch some fish , lewisville if you want to get a guide or waste gas
Posted By: HolyGrail

Re: Twok or Lewisville - 07/14/15 03:58 PM

It looks like Hidden Cove is reporting their ramp is closed for the rest of the season.
Posted By: DRY Fishing

Re: Twok or Lewisville - 07/15/15 01:39 AM

Been on both recently. Had more success at Tawakoni.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Twok or Lewisville - 07/15/15 05:20 PM

I've been on Lewisville every week for the last 3 weeks. The fishing is as good as I've seen it in years. especially the hybrids. every time I've gone out I've wore them out. I was out sunday. They were at every spot I checked. I fished from 3-8. I did some bass fishing too and they were in the same areas as the sandbass and hybrids
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: Twok or Lewisville - 07/15/15 05:29 PM

Tawakoni !!!
Posted By: A J V

Re: Twok or Lewisville - 07/15/15 05:39 PM

Went to tawakoni and only caught a few. I was marking a lot of bait fish everywhere and a few schools of fish, but I couldn't get them to bite. I fished in the afternoon.
Posted By: BankAngler50

Re: Twok or Lewisville - 07/15/15 07:27 PM

Sorry you didn't catch more fish, Twok afternoon can be tough... thanks for the report, especially about the bait fish... them stripers will be fat... banana
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum