3... Near damn or 287?

4... Colors?

5... Windy Points or open water?

Any help is appreciated!

HB22
Posted By: BOB HOLMES GS

Re: Richland Chambers - help please - 07/07/15 08:35 AM

Hard to be any help to anyone right now
Not because I don't want to be but there's no birds working or schooling action that you can count on.

I'm on the chrome for color and only using slabs I'm targeting 17 ft. off points and fingers.
maybe it will be better when you come and you will spot schooling action maybe off Pelican Island It's a really good spot.

Thanks best regards Bob
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: Richland Chambers - help please - 07/07/15 12:01 PM

^^^ Whatever he tells you about RC is money in the bank ^^^^
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Richland Chambers - help please - 07/07/15 03:10 PM

For sandbass be ready to head up the creek arms hitting the minor points and humps. I have not found many whites the last few weeks on the main lake points like pelican, 309, etc. There are a few around early but they scatter quick. The hybrids are stacked up around Windsock point, 309, and pelican island. You can catch a few early on artificial but to land any substantial numbers you will need live bait.

If all else fails you can catch catfish on most any point on the lake with pretty much any bait out there. They are stacked thick and hungry. Be ready to sift through a ton of little fish to get a limit.
Posted By: BTHF

Re: Richland Chambers - help please - 07/07/15 06:50 PM

Bob would know best as he is on lake everyday, I found schooling Whites on Thur, Fri and Sat eve on south side of lake east of the black forest. Each day betwwen 7 and 8. Thats the best luck we have had all year.
Posted By: HB22

Re: Richland Chambers - help please - 07/08/15 10:24 PM

Very good. Thanks for the help. Will advise Friday on how we do tomorrow.

HB22
Posted By: Golfer Bryan

Re: Richland Chambers - help please - 07/09/15 06:44 AM

I went Friday and Saturday last week from 1pm to 6 pm in the afternoon and caught around 50 Whites and Hybrids up to 9lbs on Humps and Points between 287 and the Dam. The Whites were in 20 ft of water and the Hybrids in 30 ft. I used 1 oz Chrome Moe's Slabs on Whites and Big Swimbaits and Moe's 8 " Flutter Spoon on Hybrids. Learn to use your electronics and you will find them.

GOOD LUCK,,,
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: Richland Chambers - help please - 07/11/15 03:10 AM

It really is all about the electronics. It's easy to find a spot to search for them by using a good lake map like Lake Master. Then cruise those areas watching your side imaging. There is no secret and most patterns change from day to day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum