Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos. elow Possum kingdom

Posted By: cowboyfishslayer

Brazos. elow Possum kingdom - 07/01/15 08:07 PM

Alright! Headin to millsap area of the Brazos tomorrow for the fourth to do some fish attackin kayakin! My question to you guys is whith all yhe water thars been release from pk lately do you think its possible that a few stripers made it down that far or would you stick mainly to sandies? And what techniques would you employ for'em? Im thinkin small spinners and jigs. Maybe minnows if i can find some on the way out.... have a great and safe holiday weekend and thanks for the help... this is my last excursion before my first kid is born. Monday they are inducing the wife into labor😷
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Brazos. elow Possum kingdom - 07/02/15 02:36 PM

USGS says that the current flow is 344 CFS. Normal is 184. They probably have three small gates open.

I think some of the stripers went down and some probably came up from Granbury. You should consider taking some small perch hooks and some worms to get some small perch. Drifting through some of the big holes with that might get a nice fish. There are some gar in the Brazos below Pk that would look right at home with Ocean fish. I was with my wife a few years ago when one went under my Sea Eagle and looked like he was almost as long as my boat. Wife freaked when she saw it, but I thought " I'd like to catch that thing".

Good luck.

Re: Brazos. elow Possum kingdom - 07/02/15 06:35 PM

Thanks pk. I will give it a shot! I cant wait to get out there there should be some decent fish with that much water
Posted By: Blues

Re: Brazos. elow Possum kingdom - 07/02/15 06:53 PM

Post a report when u get back....been wanting to hit the brazos for catfish, but too crowded and too much flow for me a few weeks back.

Re: Brazos. elow Possum kingdom - 07/02/15 10:38 PM

Will do fo sho.....
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: Brazos. elow Possum kingdom - 07/03/15 12:02 AM

Good luck!
Posted By: Reeladdict15

Re: Brazos. elow Possum kingdom - 07/03/15 02:42 PM

Sweet!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum