Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni

Posted By: rcb321

Tawakoni - 06/29/15 04:21 PM

Hey guys I'm taking my buddy who doesn't get to fish much out to Tawakoni on Thursday. We plan on staying the whole day. Any tips on what's working? Not asking for specific spots but depth, lures, etc would be great. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: benp

Re: Tawakoni - 06/29/15 04:28 PM

swim baits and slabs. silver chartruese. Look for fish on the move! they are moving fast and I would look off points and what not
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Tawakoni - 06/29/15 04:50 PM

Depending on the wind, Sun point and wolf creek areas will be great places to start...
Posted By: swtbs81

Re: Tawakoni - 06/29/15 07:31 PM

ive been on schoolding fish countless times over the last week and only managed one sandbass on a lure on schooling fish. i tried multiple sizes, shapes, variations and presentations with no luck on lures (with exception of trolling). the sassy's and swimbait bite has been off for me lateley. live shad is best bet if you can catch it.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Tawakoni - 06/29/15 07:54 PM

We had no trouble finding bait Saturday. Just pick a cove with flooded willows and the bait was there. We just couldn't find anything to get the bait in front of. We switched gears and fished for crappie under the bridge until midnight. Caught a few and had a great time. We caught more drum than anything.
Posted By: Jtrussell

Re: Tawakoni - 06/30/15 02:12 AM

Found a few sand bass and one striper Sunday about midday. Off a point with a decent drop off. 9ft to 20ft. Caught on silver slab. Cast towards the deep end and "jig" it back towards ya. Hitting it on the fall right off the bottom. Didn't killem but caught about 15 in a couple of hours
Posted By: squirrelhunter09

Re: Tawakoni - 06/30/15 01:12 PM

I'd be ready to switch it up. We tried various methods when the bite was off. Swimbaits worked great early last week as well as live bait. They were holding on humps and we even caught some drifting across flats 40-50 ft deep (live bait).

Re: Tawakoni - 06/30/15 02:01 PM

Thanks for all the tips so far! I think we are launching out of holiday if anyone knows of a good place around there to cast net some bait that would be helpful in saving some time.
Posted By: benp

Re: Tawakoni - 06/30/15 02:23 PM

just get there before the sun comes up!
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Tawakoni - 06/30/15 02:35 PM

Shad have been around the flooded willows for us lately...
Posted By: squirrelhunter09

Re: Tawakoni - 06/30/15 04:09 PM

flooded willows, throw right up against them. Any time of day, we caught them at dawn and at 3 or 4 in the PM
Posted By: CamoKing

Re: Tawakoni - 06/30/15 04:10 PM

We wore them out Saturday night under the bridge near Anchor Inn. Pick a spot anywhere under them. Caught on Minnows. Had to fight the Gasper Goo's though. Caught 100 of those too! Caught lots of Sandies and 2 LARGE Crappie. Lot's of channel catfish too... Was really nice not fighting the heat.

Re: Tawakoni - 06/30/15 05:35 PM

Were you fishing right on the bottom or were they suspended?
Posted By: TxShiner

Re: Tawakoni - 07/01/15 02:37 AM

That's weird I've caught a couple goos the last 3 trips
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum