Texas Fishing Forum

Under bridge at night yet.

Posted By: Tom Englert

Under bridge at night yet. - 06/23/15 08:16 PM

Headed out to Hubbard and wanting to see if anyone has done any good at night, with a light, under the bridges. It seems to be hit or miss...sometimes lots of shad and fish while other nights the shad seem to have other plans.

With this year being so strange, I am wondering if this technique will work. It is usually good late june and july, but this year may be a whole different thing.

Any ideas?

Tom
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Under bridge at night yet. - 06/23/15 11:04 PM

I'm wondering about this also. I've been wanting to get out to a bridge for some night fishing for either crappie, sandies or hybrids, don't care which. Have also thought about trying the 66 bridge at night.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Under bridge at night yet. - 06/23/15 11:18 PM

I bet you could find some crappie under just about any bridge. Especially with a couple of crappie lights in the water. Anchor, turn on the lights, and give it some time. If the water is clear enough for the lights to attract some baitfish you should have some crappie not far behind.
Posted By: Jtrussell

Re: Under bridge at night yet. - 06/23/15 11:48 PM

Rigging my boat this week to start trying some night fishing. Can you still use slabs and swim baits at night? Or generally have better luck on live bait?
Posted By: Tom Englert

Re: Under bridge at night yet. - 06/24/15 02:42 PM

Quite a few shad last night...not too many fish on!
Posted By: Scotty P

Re: Under bridge at night yet. - 06/24/15 06:15 PM

I use 5 - 1/16 oz jigs tied 15" apart
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum