Texas Fishing Forum

whitney

Posted By: forsanmedic

whitney - 06/19/15 02:39 PM

I saw on Fox Sports Southwest this morning that Whitney had good surfacing action and good fishing for white, and hybrids (have never caught many hybrids there). I was wondering how they were getting on the lake since all the corps parks and the state park are closed.
Posted By: texashelms

Re: whitney - 06/19/15 03:21 PM

Whitney does have marinas which would allow for some boating access. Lake Aquilla is also showing a pretty good fishing report right now. Making people think the lake is open but it is completely shut down. Starting to think them reports are total bs. flush
Posted By: Pawboom

Re: whitney - 06/20/15 08:01 PM

Whitney does not have hybrids. Striper and white bass. Can not get on lake right now. May be mid July before they open ramps.
Posted By: Ruff n Redi

Re: whitney - 06/21/15 03:14 PM

FSSW show was shot before the flood. I hear the lake is closed to boating, but you might call a Marina and check for sure. Lake is 16+ feet above normal pool.
fish
Posted By: marschall

Re: whitney - 06/24/15 11:59 AM

No way I would put my boat in the water now at Whitney. To much trash in the water. The work barge they use at Juniper Cove Marina has had to have the water pump replace 2 times already from the trash in the water. Plus you better be real careful of under water logs floating all over the lake. I no I can not wait to fish again , and can not even get to our slip , and everyone has pulled their boats out like me. Heard the other day some are using canoes to get to their slips to check on the boats !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum