Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma

Posted By: captain steve barnes

Lake Texoma - 06/19/15 02:20 PM

The fishing started out great this spring and stayed good till the lake started falling from record high level early this month.River fishing below the dam has been fair to good but what a circus with all the boats. Then along comes tropical storm Bill. As I write this the Red and Washita rivers are both at historical high records and have not crested yet so looks like we might break the 2 week old record or at least get close to it.I'm not going to complain to much about the fishing because I'm just going to head to the coast a little early this year. There has been loss of life and many peoples homes have been damaged or destroyed by this disaster, I feel for those people. Anyways what a way to end a drought!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Lake Texoma - 06/19/15 04:54 PM

The big rains filled the lakes but knocked out several months of fishing. I have tried everything including live bait and muddy water is just no fun to fish in.

Maybe it will clear up by August.
Posted By: Gmann

Re: Lake Texoma - 06/19/15 05:00 PM

The amount of water is incredible. Just saw a picture of the river at Gainesville and 35, the water is up to the bottom of the bridge. Would not be surprised if the new record is broken.

PK, I'm thinking more like October or November
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum