Texas Fishing Forum

Schooling Activity

Posted By: High Breed

Schooling Activity - 06/12/15 03:06 AM

I have been fishing Cedar Creek for the last 13 years since I moved here. This spring has been the most unusual. I guess the rain has them screwed up. Typically you can count on sandies and hybrids schooling every morning around the Key Ranch area or the dam every morning and can hang your hat on schooling activity North of Crappie Is. and at St. Anne's every evening. I have seen very little schooling this year. I have resorted to Dennis Christian method of in line spinners to catch fish recently. I'm just not old/patient enough to do this regularly. I like catching them on top water and swim baits when they are going crazy. I'm wondering if the big bait balls are in the moving creek mouths where the water is more highly oxygenated? I caught blues on the walls about a month ago and could catch a bucket of bait off the walls at daylight, but it seems that that pattern has been over for weeks. Any thoughts?
Posted By: etu

Re: Schooling Activity - 06/12/15 03:11 AM

WOW!!! How old IS Dennis anyways bolt

Re: Schooling Activity - 06/12/15 03:13 AM

I met no disrespect...I'm just a bit inpatient.
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Schooling Activity - 06/12/15 03:16 AM

That's preety harsh! chill

Re: Schooling Activity - 06/12/15 03:59 AM

Let's focus on the pattern...I really was describing my shortcomings not the method.
Posted By: etu

Re: Schooling Activity - 06/12/15 04:47 AM

All in good fun! Haven't been there lately, maybe next week? I do enjoy catching on Dennis spots cheers
Thanks Dennis
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum