Texas Fishing Forum

Phantom on a slow rise produces fish

Posted By: TJH

Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/02/15 09:17 AM

Lake Fort Phantom has been on a slow rise. Unlike PK when I was there that gained three feet in one rain and with all the boats from the Cliff Diving, Muddy water, and floating logs equaled a no catch. The Big fish are back and slamming at Phantom. It's funny I had to go back to my lake 10 miles away to catch fish.

Posted By: White Ranger CC

Re: Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/03/15 12:16 AM

Nice job. Don't really ever see much posted about this lake.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/03/15 01:56 AM

I wondered where you been. Should have known you were hiding out at Phantom. grin
Posted By: fishonmyline

Re: Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/03/15 02:43 AM

I was there yesterday and it was super muddy from scalping the Brazos. Has it cleared up any? Can't beat phantom hybrids!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/03/15 03:08 AM

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. cheers

Re: Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/03/15 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: fishonmyline
I was there yesterday and it was super muddy from scalping the Brazos. Has it cleared up any? Can't beat phantom hybrids!

I caught well over 30 in that muddy water yesterday most over 19in. I think our fish like the mud. They won't go to the top but are hanging out in 15 foot of water. The water was 81°. I plan on sitting in the flow while pumping this weekend and catch some cats if they are still pumping if not I will get my arm sore again in the Hybrids.

Re: Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/03/15 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: jbobo
I wondered where you been. Should have known you were hiding out at Phantom. grin

Man I was out on PK during the cliff diving. LOL never again.Between the tornado we watched from our cabin at the state park to the rocking wake lake full of mud and floaters. Heck PK was the color of my mud hole lake.

I did find where we could catch 4-5 inch shad by the net full easy. PM me and I will give you the spot. It was amazing but a long way from the dam. Ya might have to catch them then trailer over to the other ramp. The one evening without rain was beautiful though.

Posted By: Tdot

Re: Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/04/15 07:06 AM

i can not catch a hybrid at phantom to save my life. Can someone help me and give me some tips. I fish the north side the most and I tired to troll with a crank and I still cant get a bite
Posted By: Tdot

Re: Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/05/15 07:29 PM

Any help?

Re: Phantom on a slow rise produces fish - 06/06/15 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tdot
i can not catch a hybrid at phantom to save my life. Can someone help me and give me some tips. I fish the north side the most and I tired to troll with a crank and I still cant get a bite
PM me and I will put you on the fish. Caught some nice ones today.
[Linked Image]
I even swam a little while I scrubbed down the boat after I was done. I laugh at people saying that PK is muddy.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum