Texas Fishing Forum

TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 03:20 AM

Man oh man people things are crazy on Texoma. In my 40 years 21 of which been guiding plus my dad Bill Carey been fishing Texoma and also a guide since mid 70's i have seen several floods and many high/low water times. This was so fast of a rise and i have NEVER seen the lake get this red all over. I'm talking neon orange. 98% muddy! We are at an all time high water and records have been broke. Several trees and BOATDOCKS are FREE FLOATING out there! Fishing has been on and off to say the least. May is the prime time for us and everything has been making adjustments trying to survive and doing best we can. From no breakwater killing our dock and having to move to the back and generators and using rowboats to get to the boats and making make shift platforms to load up its been ongoing. We have got into some fish on most days but not anything close to normal. Right before the spillway and floodgates the RAMBO style fishing i named in 07 started up we were catching and for almost a week all was great. This should go on all summer. here is a little teaser video this stuff takes me a LONG time to do...
CLICK LINK TO WATCH RAMBO FISHING TEASER
https://vimeo.com/129335778
deer blinds and horse/cattle trails way up in farm lands...

This poor doe worked for 30 minutes AFTER swimming across the lake to get in the woods. She was so tired we had to scare her to a cove so she could get out of the water. Such impressive animals.

So then the floodgates opened and spillway rolled over and our fish quit being consistent "how could they lake was rising so fast" and it sucked the fish right out of the trees...last few days they have kind of returned but not much clear water at all. The crowd was growing daily so I decided couple days ago to try a different approach...

my oldest says "dad are you really going to fish in that?

CLICK TO WATCH RIVER FISHING TEASER
https://vimeo.com/129372509
This is a cool pad on the river...

WHAT IS THIS??

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 04:41 AM

2 videos
CLICK LINK TO WATCH RAMBO FISHING TEASER
https://vimeo.com/129335778
CLICK TO WATCH RIVER FISHING TEASER
https://vimeo.com/129372509
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 11:14 AM

Nice work! Looks like y'all have some water to work with smile
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 12:39 PM

Best report ever.
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 12:47 PM

Man that is heavy duty fishing. Looks like a hoot.
Johnny
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 12:51 PM

Oh deer! Yeah glad yall got creative and caught good fish even in chocolate milk lol. Very cool videos, Chris!! Talked to JD Saturday he uses a kayak to access his boat. I feel bad for the Texoma guys. But the good news is the drought officially starts today according to the weather man lol.
Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 01:24 PM

Chris, I know you guys must be hurting up there and having to work extra hard must be a real grind. We all are pulling and praying for you. The rain has been unbelievable. Matt, Jessica and I are looking forward to fishing with you on the 24th.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 02:14 PM

Chris those pictures and video's are wild. Going in that back country you better be listening for dueling banjo's. smile

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 04:01 PM

Okay,heres my plan.Too many people fishing river. So im gunna fish on lake with a giant blue fin equipment with giant t bone shad for bait. Reel that holds 2000 yds of 20 lb test.Let it out at intake at dam let line out until a big striper eats it in river then reel it back in through hole in dam. Question is would it still be a lake fish or river fish if a record?
Posted By: J.T.69

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 04:17 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 04:43 PM

Bwahahaha
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 05:22 PM

FUN !!!!
Posted By: MtnDew

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 05:32 PM

Wow .. thanks for posting . Good Luck and Be Safe up there.

-rob
Posted By: Mix

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 06:08 PM

We drove up there yesterday just to look around. It's hard to believe the amount of water/power going through there especially on 91 where the bridge is washed out. Pretty amazing!
Posted By: BigDad

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 06:13 PM

My prayers with all the folks that depend on Texoma to make a living. Does anyone have an idea of when the lake will be accessible via a boat ramp? How long did it take for the 2007 flood to subside for boat access?
Posted By: benp

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 06:14 PM

great video. what are your thoughts about a 19ft CC 102" wide with 90 horse power. Were yall anchored with one or two anchors when you were fishing the topwater? how deep was it?
Posted By: Bald Eagle

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 09:00 PM

Where do you launch your boat on the red river and how far of a boat ride is it to the dam? The current in the video looks very strong.
Posted By: formula462

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/01/15 10:50 PM

if the boat stalls I would imagine you be in for a ride huh
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/02/15 09:23 AM

Nice job Chris! GettN it done cheers

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/02/15 06:18 PM

well the cat is out of the bag and it is gotten really crowded and making it hard for me to do what I was doing that was working"hard to make long cast when you're surrounded by boats" but yes just about any but will work you would not believe some of the small not suitable crafts I've seen launched in this river the last week. it is a very strange experience in this water is very powerful and launching is no easy chore
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/02/15 08:18 PM

I would not want to launch below the dam. I will leave that up to Chris and the other professionals, I like my boat staying in 1 piece.

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/03/15 04:02 PM

will my tilt and trim went out yesterday so I didn't get to launch. I feel the crowds are getting worse.

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/03/15 04:13 PM

"dam" it!

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/04/15 01:20 PM

Pump went out but warranty covered it smile

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/04/15 01:21 PM

Go get em !
Posted By: Fishinsoap

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/04/15 01:23 PM

Your pm box is full. How much is a trip below the dam?
Posted By: FISHFULLTHINKIN

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/04/15 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinsoap
Your pm box is full. How much is a trip below the dam?
+1
Posted By: banderapass1

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/04/15 08:54 PM

GREAT VIDEOS!

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/10/15 11:12 PM

i will update with more pics and video as i get it uploaded and ready. I enjoyed the adventure but the boat damage from river i recieved is pretty substantial frown

Re: TEXOMA RAMBO,RIVER RIOT w videos - 06/11/15 12:12 PM

Sorry bout boat! Cant wait for full report!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum