Texas Fishing Forum

2 great guys on cedar creek

Posted By: big_whiskers

2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 02:09 AM

I took my neighbors son fishing today,he has never been in a boat. We went to spillway hump for sandbass.i had only spoons. We were not catching anything, and 2 guys who were came over and tossed a deep diving crank bait to the boy. I tied it on as nd he caught 8, 2 over 5#'s. They told me to keep the lure just bring the kid back fishing. He was so excited, guess i have a new fishing buddy.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 02:16 AM

Awesome! That boy will be hooked for life. Cuddos to the lure donaters! thumb
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 02:18 AM

Great stories! Makes everything worth it!!! Nothing better than making memories with kiddos
Posted By: Fishin' Dad

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 03:39 AM

Fishing with kids,better than most anything. Been fishing with mine since they could walk. Tomorrow going with my son, that is just finishing 4 years in the Air Force. He is more excited than me.... maybe.
Posted By: ranger 360

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 01:38 PM

Big whiskers, thanks for the kind words! I was glad to help out and it's awesome that he caught some fish, but it seems to me that you are the great guy . There are not a lot of people that will take kids fishing and my hat goes off to you kind sir. You must truly be s great man and once again it was my pleasure. My son and I had more fun watching him catch his fish! Good luck on future trips and hope to see both out there soon.
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 04:44 PM

That's awesome. Great to hear. I too have to tip my hat to the Cedar Creek regulars. I was out marking spots and catching a few striped fish on the holiday weekend. At 12 I was about to load my boat when another boater pulled up to the ramp to leave. He asked how I did. After telling him I was just out to mark a few spots on a new lake, to me, he showed me his limit of magnum crappie. He told me to follow him and he showed me some docks and brush piles he fished. We then cruised the bridge and I was able to mark some brush piles there as well. Just the fact that he showed me, a complete stranger, his honey holes was pretty cool. You guys are doing it right over at Cedar Creek. And yes, a DD22, will hit the sandies and hybrid both at Cedar Creek. When any of the Cedar Creek guys that don't fish Chambers want to hit that lake, let me know. Would be more than happy to show you the good spots there.
Posted By: big_whiskers

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 04:46 PM

He was very excited couldnt wait to tell his mom and dad, yall made his day. Look forward to to seeing yall again and thanks for the lure and advice.he is already planning our next trip...lol (I fish for cats mostly,not much experince in hybrids)
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 04:47 PM

Awesome I like to help folks to on rivers but i need help on lakes!!
Posted By: BankAngler50

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: ranger 360
Big whiskers, thanks for the kind words! I was glad to help out and it's awesome that he caught some fish, but it seems to me that you are the great guy . There are not a lot of people that will take kids fishing and my hat goes off to you kind sir. You must truly be s great man and once again it was my pleasure. My son and I had more fun watching him catch his fish! Good luck on future trips and hope to see both out there soon.
Three great guys and one happy kid who proly remember his first fish catching day for the rest of his day. Congratulations to all four of you on a great fishing day. This is what fishing should be! fish thumb
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/01/15 09:17 PM

Stories like this are what attracted me to this forum, Keep it up guys!!!!!
Posted By: basschsr

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/02/15 12:24 AM

Ranger 360 would give the shirt off his back if he thought it could help you in any way. I know i appreciate all he has done for me. God fearing, all around good guy. He is all about the kids.
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/02/15 09:29 AM

Great stuff right there in more ways than one! Congrats to all involved and thanks for sharing cheers
Posted By: Dougthehead

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/03/15 04:32 AM

This thread is what it's all about. This is what they don't show on the news, but should, might give folks the truth that there are still a lot of great people doing awesome things like this every day.
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/03/15 05:02 PM

Great story! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 2 great guys on cedar creek - 06/03/15 10:31 PM

Always love reading post like this. Thanks for sharing. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum