Texas Fishing Forum

Richland Chambers shad

Posted By: SHSU2011

Richland Chambers shad - 05/30/15 09:38 PM

Headed to RC first thing in the morning and looking to get on some of the bigger hybrids with live shad. I haven't been to RC since we've gotten all this rain and wondering if anyone could send me in the right direction to load up on a few before going out. Thanks for any input cheers
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Richland Chambers shad - 05/31/15 03:26 AM

Normally I would be able to help you with this one but between rain and baseball games just have not spent much time on the water. Normally the cove at fisherman's point marina is covered up with shad this time of year. With the water being up I have no idea if that will be the case. I would hit the lights at the ramp early. If that's not an option try the very back of the cove close to the ramp at fisherman's point.
Posted By: SHSU2011

Re: Richland Chambers shad - 05/31/15 03:34 AM

That's where I'll be launching from and give it a try. Thanks a lot!!
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: Richland Chambers shad - 05/31/15 06:25 AM

When you pull out of Fishermans Point hook a right. All the coves along that bank headed to the dam have flooded brush. It's green brush and easy to spot. The shad will be stacked up in all of it early. Have you a top water tied on because the last few times I was there the Hybrid were there as well feeding. The cove right before Windsock Point was the best. The shad in Fishermans point were usually small. The flooded brush was holding 4-6 inch shad. Use the biggest you can catch. Good luck.
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: Richland Chambers shad - 06/01/15 01:15 PM

shallow expect to tear and loose nets
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: Richland Chambers shad - 06/01/15 04:55 PM

You can toss a net at those flooded trees and bushes pretty easy. At day break the shad are up high. Find the trees that are in at least 6 fow. Don't let the net sink but about a foot. The shad are high and no need to let it sink. Im on the same net I have been using since the spring of last year. Fished 10-15 times since the water has been up. No issues with the net.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum