Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma

Posted By: gotta fish

Lake Texoma - 05/30/15 12:38 AM

Good bye Stripers, Tomorrow water will be six feet over the spillway!
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Lake Texoma - 05/30/15 06:15 AM

Not many stripers hanging around in 6 fow right now unless a few shad are trying to spawn early morning still. The fish are still in all stages of the spawn there are a a lot of fish still up the lake. Those six gates open ten feet won't even put a dent in the stripe population. Just imagine the sheer volume of water in the lake right now. All the gates are open they are generating power and the spillway is uncontrolled. The lake is still going up as fast as it ever has during this entire rain event. That lake stretches for a long ways if 2% of the striper population goes into the river I will be shocked. Don't worry main lake is going to be just fine. Even with the raised limits those fish are still recovering from being stunted the lake was overpopulated to begin with this added release of fish may even add to the already impressive size structure right now just my .02$
Posted By: Ruff n Redi

Re: Lake Texoma - 05/30/15 02:16 PM

Think of Texoma as a big shad tank. Have you ever noticed that when you pull the plug the minnows and shad go to the drain. It will affect the fishing for a while, but not for ever.
fish
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Lake Texoma - 05/30/15 02:26 PM

Yep, all the striper are going to swim 15 miles down the lake and go over the spillway.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Lake Texoma - 05/30/15 02:34 PM

The best fishing I ever had on Tex was after the 83 big flood, the limits then were even higher, then the larger ones got scarce but fishing was great.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum