Texas Fishing Forum

Chaha ramp @ Hubbard?

Posted By: sloveless

Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/28/15 07:42 PM

Gonna try to get out fishing this weekend, looks like Hubbard is my main option since all Lavon ramps are closed due to 11' over pool ( eek2 wth right?!?!)

I hate paying $20 to launch just to fish for a few hours, so was thinking about my ramp options.

Can anybody comment on the state of the Chaha ramp and if I could maybe put in there? Haven't ever launched there, but it would be nice as it's on the close side of the lake.

Hope to see some of y'all out there this weekend if weather permits - don't hesitate to say hello and go run off to where the fish actually are. fish
Posted By: Jiging Ken

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/28/15 08:11 PM

There was some trash at the boat ramp the other day. But the ramp is good to go.
Posted By: benp

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/28/15 08:55 PM

What about robertsons
Posted By: Jiging Ken

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/28/15 09:24 PM

All ramps or open.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/28/15 11:08 PM

Went to check Chaha (John Paul Jones) ramp last Friday. Some debris there mostly logs. Some small trees brush sticking out of the water along the wall, so trim your motor a bit. Water level is normal.

The fish farm and the TPWD will unload the stocked fish at that ramp on Thursday June 11th. At noon. That's my favorite free ramp because I can tie my boat along the retaining walls on both sides. They also put up signs telling you can't fish at the ramp. I am glad to see those signs. In the past I had to bride folks there to move their lines. Doh!
Posted By: Cory Lee

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/28/15 11:49 PM

Launched there today. There were some longs and trash washed up on the ramp but launched with no problem.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/28/15 11:49 PM

There is always Terry Park ramp. 2cents
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/29/15 01:45 AM

Chaha is a great place to launch as long as the water level is above the 2ft low or higher mark/level and pretty safe for your vehicle as well .... You have plenty of traffic in and out of there which kinda of ruins tha theives swag mad fish
Posted By: czechmate

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/29/15 04:10 AM

Chaha is a great ramp to launch

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/29/15 02:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone, looks like I'll give it a go. Since I usually launch solo I prefer somewhere with a courtesy dock, without paying the crazy marina fees.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/29/15 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: SeaPro-Todd
Went to check Chaha (John Paul Jones) ramp last Friday.
That's my favorite free ramp because I can tie my boat along the retaining walls on both sides. They also put up signs telling you can't fish at the ramp. I am glad to see those signs. In the past I had to bride folks there to move their lines. Doh!

I have seen them park the car on the SW ramp at Dalrock and use the trunk for a rod holder.

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 05/30/15 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Jiging Ken
There was some trash at the boat ramp the other day. But the ramp is good to go.
forget about using that ramp for a while. Rowlett arm is loaded with floating debris. Worst I have seen. Last nights storms must have sat down over NE Dallas. We barely got anything in Fate. Just a little morning shower.

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 06/01/15 07:24 PM

Well I went out Sunday all prepared for a great day on the water and catching some fish. Got to the ramp, moved a huge log so I wouldn't have to try to back over it... Got my gear in the boat, electronics all ready to go. Backed into the water, floated the boat, turned the key - and - click, click, click.... &*%^&*)^

The only two times I have had boat issues at the ramp have been @ Hubbard. At least this time I didn't have to pay a launch fee to not launch.

Got home, figured out that my battery just ain't up to par. With a fresh charge it will start fine, after sitting for 10 minutes no go. So with a new battery I am ready again to hit the lake, just need some free time.

For those wondering, the ramp looks good just has a ton of debris on it. I also thought there was a courtesy dock right at the ramp, but apparently not - oh well.
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 06/01/15 07:35 PM

Sorry you had Trouble Steve frown . Well at least you were not on the lake when it happened.
I don't think any of the free ramps have a courtesy dock. smile
Maybe next time will be better thumb
Posted By: fishenrod

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 06/01/15 08:51 PM

Not sure who all went out yesterday, but the Robertson ramp was like July 4th...crazy lines
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 06/01/15 08:53 PM

I used to fish Hubbard years ago, I think I remember a ramp boarding pier there also.

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 06/02/15 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: fishenrod
Not sure who all went out yesterday, but the Robertson ramp was like July 4th...crazy lines
one of few lakes in the area that is open.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 06/02/15 02:21 AM

The retaining walls on both sides of the ramp are the docks. There are holes at ground level along the walls to tie in.

Harbor Bay overflowed Sunday and some got towed for illegal parking. Memorial weekend is the official start of summer but it got rained out. Lol
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Chaha ramp @ Hubbard? - 06/02/15 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: fishenrod
i was out there and I learned my lesson to never use that ramp again
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum