Texas Fishing Forum

PK flood pics

Posted By: PKfishin

PK flood pics - 05/27/15 11:24 PM

BRA is letting some water out now to get ahead of what's coming. I saw that Parker county has a flood advisory for all those living near the river. Here's some pics by the 16 bridge and the dam. They had the bridge closed most of the day but opened it after closing one flood gate. Water is right at the bottom of the bridge now.

Looking downstream on the bridge. Makes me nervous stopped on that 75 year old bridge with that much water pushing against it.

Looking upstream

They have two flood gates open and four floaters. Locals were telling me that the white flecks coming down the water fall were fish. I hope they are wrong. Already people fishing down at the dam.

Water down at the dam is getting muddy in spots. With those gates open looks like all the clear water is headed to Granbury.

Water is very muddy coming out of Neely Slough. Can't see from the pic I took from the observation point but this one from my balcony shows the color well

Lake is totally full. Ramp really looks good.

Swimming area is totally full now. Those bad goat heads that grew on the sand during the drought are now 7-10 feet under water. There's a real nice drop off at the end of that sand that should hold fish now that it's 15 or so feet under water.

Posted By: dlmyers

Re: PK flood pics - 05/27/15 11:30 PM

Took these of the Brazos a few minutes ago at Tin Top.

Posted By: mwacosta

Re: PK flood pics - 05/28/15 07:56 PM

Great Pics. Probably not any clear water left. thanks for the report.
Posted By: CatfishNate

Re: PK flood pics - 05/28/15 08:57 PM

Took pics of tin top today and you can not see any of those yellow poles.

Re: PK flood pics - 05/28/15 09:05 PM

Re: PK flood pics - 05/28/15 09:06 PM

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: PK flood pics - 05/28/15 10:09 PM

My fishing partner has a river front lot in pecan plantation behind the dam. He said it is at the very top of The riverbed and it is normally a long ways down to water.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PK flood pics - 05/28/15 11:02 PM

Gonna get worse quick. Like my Gandma used to say, "it's commin up a cloud."

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum