Texas Fishing Forum

This week on Lake Texoma.

Posted By: Texoma Guide John Blasingame

This week on Lake Texoma. - 05/24/15 02:41 PM

This last week or so has been hit and miss for me. I think the fish are finally tired of all this rain as I am. I had a couple good trips and a couple that were slow. The water started going over the spillway early this morning and this rain shows no signs of letting up. I'm thinking this years flood could break the record. Not sure how this is gonna effect the fishing but it was great in 2007 after things settled down. I'm gonna be moving my operation from Mill Creek to Grandpappy this weekend due to the long boat ride I'm having to make everyday to find suitable water to fish in. I'm off for a few days as I normally spend the holidays with my family. Guess I'll take them on a boat ride to see the flooded conditions. If your on the lake be careful out there. Lots of debris floating around so you need to be cautious. It's been a great week on Lake Texoma although it's been a wet one.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: This week on Lake Texoma. - 05/24/15 04:15 PM

Great pics John. Looks like there still is some clear water on that lake. I see it in the background.

Since you remember 2007, how long after it stops raining before "dry land" appears and the boat ramps open? I sure miss fishing Texoma and the clear pretty water that is normal there.
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: This week on Lake Texoma. - 05/24/15 08:38 PM

Nice work John. Have a great Holiday with your family. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum