Texas Fishing Forum

New boat and T-Wakin um " Smoked UM"

Posted By: DU SOUTH5

New boat and T-Wakin um " Smoked UM" - 05/23/15 01:39 AM

Taking the new rig out for the inaugural run tomorrow on Tawakoni. Going to try and put the hurt on the Hybrids. Report to follow. Hopefully the rain will hold off for a bit. Give us a wave of you see us about! Good luck and be safe out there.

Posted By: fishenrod

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/23/15 01:43 AM

Wow sweet ride. Good luck man.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/23/15 02:31 AM

Nice ride! Buddy in Tiki Island (Galveston) got the same boat, 24ft Majek. Great for skinny waters and fast! Congrats cheers
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/23/15 02:34 AM

That should do the trick!
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/23/15 02:58 AM

Beautiful boat / rig ..... Love it cheers Have a great first voyage out there fish
Posted By: Whiskey Bob

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/23/15 05:22 AM

Nice Ride , I Like the Color ! thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/23/15 02:36 PM

I love your boat. It looks like you have everything on it. Good luck on Twak. It has been really fishing good lately
Posted By: I Got Worms

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/23/15 04:48 PM

Nice ride you'll love the talons.
Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/23/15 06:48 PM

Good lookin ride!

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/24/15 01:20 AM

First trip on Big Blue and Boy did we tear them up. Caught at least 40 hybrids. Lost count on the sand bass. Had a massive school of hybrids push shad up in 6foot of water right in front of the boat. 5rods on all at the same time with 20" hybrids AWESOME. Brother had several double keeper hybrids on A rig. Kept 5 hybrids/Stripers and 5 sandbass. Had a pontoon boat run right throught our schooling fish even though we waved them off. SUCKED. Please go around or use trolling motors in that shallow of water. After that never saw them again on top. overall GREAT day on TWAK.

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/24/15 01:23 AM

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/24/15 01:26 AM

Forgot to mention. All fish caught on Chartreuse sassy shads 4-8" and glow sassy shads. From5'-25'.

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/24/15 01:27 AM

Was about to ask how first trip went ..... Great job and sorry about the JACKWAGON .... It seems pretty bad out there these days with inconsiderate fisherman mad Bet the boat is already scrubed clean as a whistle sarcastic Congrats

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/24/15 01:29 AM

All thanks for the compliments. Several waves today. The boat is awesome. For those who asked its a Majek 25.5foot Extreme. I liked the Black 22footer I had ALOT more speed but not near the ride the 25' is. The performance is unreal and it's built in TEXAS!!! Thanks to the Majek family for such a nice rig.

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/24/15 01:31 AM

Haha. Mom was out with a scrub brush as soon as we got back. I had to calm her down with a G&Tonic. Boats are never the same as the first day on the water.

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/24/15 01:36 AM

Lol I keep a scrub brush in the boat and use a large cup and or the built in washout hose! And as soon as we get back to the trailer I whip out the ole big micro fiber towels and wipe clean (dampN half of towel for better results sarcastic). Oh and bring that magic majek to JV's fun fundraiser sandbass tournament on Ray Hubbard next Saturday morning we want to see that bad boy!!!! Thanks dance2

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/24/15 02:15 AM

Haha!! Called the last one the Black Majek. Thinking about the Blue Battleship for this one! Maybe I will see if the wife will "release" me for the tourney.
RIP BLACK MAJEK. She would do 75mph literally bring tears to your eyes.

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/26/15 09:33 PM

You can run but you can't hide in dat Biggo Blue!!!!! Nice to meet ya DUSOUTH and your black lab pup pup

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/27/15 12:00 AM

Haha! Yall looking for me now. No more posts on TFF LOL. Good to meet all of yall. Had to move around a lot this afternoon. Marked tons of fish that didn't want to bite. Kept moving and found a HUGE school of fish in 30foot that were suspended about 10-12' and absolutely wore them out. Lots of Stripers not as many hybrids which was different. Tons of sandbass in the mix. Look forward to seeing you guys again!!
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/27/15 12:01 AM

Beautiful boats. How did the black 22 handle rough water? Never rode in a Majek.

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/27/15 12:23 AM

The 22' was pretty good in rough water. But not what the 25.5' is. But I gave up the speed for the comfort and being that I always seem to have at least 4 on board the extra room is super nice!! These boats are built like a rock. I've been in the 22' in the worst Tawakoni has and never felt bad. Both boats run VERY shallow. You will not be disappointed in the quality and performance of a Majek. And they are second to none on customer service. Still Family owned and built in Texas.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/27/15 01:23 AM

Wish I had known that was you today, I had my red/white CC right by you before you left N of 2 mile, we marked good fish there.
Larry
Posted By: 4967

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/30/15 12:10 PM

Real nice boat!
Enjoyed talking with you yesterday!

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 05/30/15 02:39 PM

Thanks, it was good to meet you. The fishing continues to be excellent. Caught a load of fish again Friday, tons of stripers that are 17". Really got to run the boat across some ROUGH water and it handled like a dream.
Posted By: ranger 360

Re: New boat and T-Wakin um - 06/01/15 10:26 PM

Nice boat
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum