Texas Fishing Forum

ouachita????

Posted By: johnthai

ouachita???? - 05/21/15 03:16 AM

hey guys i use to fish striper a lot but the past 3 years I've been focusing on lmb. I'm looking to take a trip with my dad and brother for striper fishing and i wanted to know how the bite on ouachita is. I've only been once and that was about 4 years ago, the lake was flooded and we did not have any live bait. any info would be great and appreciated.

we are planning to go this weekend for memorial day.

thank you
Posted By: Two Gun

Re: ouachita???? - 05/21/15 01:03 PM

johnthai Fishing out of the Brady Mt. Resort area is always good this time of the year.
Posted By: firetrader

Re: ouachita???? - 05/21/15 01:40 PM

I have a striper guide booked for sunday morning myself. First time to fish Ouachita. Talked to the guide last night and I asked him if we were live bait fishing and he said he mostly trolls. Don't know what to expect now. The lake is 7 feet high also.
Posted By: Allan W

Re: ouachita???? - 05/21/15 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: firetrader
I have a striper guide booked for sunday morning myself. First time to fish Ouachita. Talked to the guide last night and I asked him if we were live bait fishing and he said he mostly trolls. Don't know what to expect now. The lake is 7 feet high also.

Not good, I have never seen a guide that trolls on Quachita... good luck and give us a report.
Posted By: HolyGrail

Re: ouachita???? - 05/21/15 06:23 PM

I've seen em trolling there catching more fish than us (we were using live shad). To be fair, by more fish than us, they caught 1 and we were skunked. Hope you can get into some. They have some real monsters there.
Posted By: DanD14

Re: ouachita???? - 05/21/15 09:06 PM

Fished two ways with a guide there. Drifted with no wind early, with balloons, before the sun got up. And, trolling. Used live shad, some way over 1 lb, with both methods. My son and I caught our limits (3) on two consecutive days. All over 15 lbs. Big fish was 31 lbs.
Posted By: firetrader

Re: ouachita???? - 05/22/15 12:40 AM

Thanks, guess we will see what's what Sunday.
Posted By: johnthai

Re: ouachita???? - 05/25/15 03:36 AM

fishing was horrible for me, i marked a few fish but it was super hard to find shad since the lake was way full, i asked a few guides and most of them seemed to be doing bad as well. i only saw a 2 guides catch 1 fish each.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum