Posted By: Buffs 1

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/20/15 07:19 PM

-8.58 and climbing. dance2
Posted By: LipRip

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/20/15 08:10 PM

It has happened before.
Posted By: Markk

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/20/15 08:15 PM

If all that rain keeps hitting west of the metro-mess like it has been, I don't see any reason why not.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/20/15 08:33 PM

It's happen many times.
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/20/15 10:22 PM

It is filling up fast. It should be full pool by the holiday weekend. The watershed had a storm sit on it for an hour, then we got 6 inches right on top of us. All ramps will be open (even the Shell station) except the 380 ramp....it will be under water.
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/21/15 01:41 PM

If I were betting person, I would say full both Bridgeport and Arrowhead full if nor overfull by Monday evening
Posted By: BLACK LUND

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/21/15 02:28 PM

Need to keep up on the Hybrid stocking for B'port this year also (Making sure it happens)
Would have been nice to have all this water a little earlier for the sandie spawn but sure aren't complaining!!!
Haven't seen a full lake in a lot of years. That last two feet makes B'port REALLY spread out.
Anyone know if the Aerators are on yet?
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/21/15 03:27 PM

Aerators were turned on a little over a week ago according to TRWD. I think Keith said TPWD were going to stock 60,000 fingerlings. I'm not sure when. Sandies have been poor for a couple of years now. The numbers of larger sandies are way down. There are quite a few smaller fish being caught though. Looking forward to this year. It should be better later in the summer and fall through winter should pick up as well. I know I'm ready for the hybrid bite to return to normal. clap
Posted By: White Ranger CC

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/21/15 03:38 PM

I fished there Mon and Fri, aerators are back on. Water was very dirty.
I believe the fingerlings were stocked on Tuesday.
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Can Bridgeport Actually Fill UP - 05/21/15 05:26 PM

The Trinity is 30 feet high, we may hit flood stage ourselves...there is only so much that can go downstream. Anyway, the actual number of Hybrids stocked was 36,000 fingerlings. I think the reduced number stocked matches the available acreage at the time of the creel survey. I would think that the next time around we would get our normal number. The plan is to keep our stocking every two years for the foreseeable future.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum