Texas Fishing Forum

Told to move boat from marina at Texoma

Posted By: SmokeDraw

Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/13/15 12:25 AM

Marina told my buddy to get his boat out of slip and move anything he had in dry storage due to rising water and more coming. Just thought I would mention it in case someone has a boat in a marina out there but marina doesn't have your contact info. Might want to check with your marina their status.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/13/15 03:12 AM

My Sister is in Little Mineral, and they have shut off power to the dock, but they are allowing boats to remain and float. Seems like 2007 all over again. we will make it through this like always, just have to adjust.
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/14/15 06:35 PM

Marina and parking lot at Little Mineral

This pict is unbelievable...

Posted By: DJTripleR

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/14/15 07:09 PM

I received this in a text this morning....

Posted By: JRR

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/14/15 07:26 PM

Wow, went by there on Tuesday and wasn't close to that height. Bummed out, loved to sit at that bar and watch all the activity at Highport. Cedar Mills said our boats are fine in the water but will have power cut at 635 ft. Currently have a shuttle boat to take us to docks.
Posted By: Bassin Ed

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/14/15 08:20 PM

Need to open the gates a little more
Posted By: Markk

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/14/15 08:33 PM

I thought when they rebuild the Highport bar after the 2007 flood, they designed it to handle high water. is it still a fixed height building?

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/14/15 08:59 PM

It's definitely fixed, wonder if that means once water recedes it's just washout, return equipment and get back in business ASAP. Haven't really paid attention to walls, bar, etc....as far as the materials made out of.
Posted By: I Got Worms

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/15/15 05:21 AM

Here's the inside of it. Drive threw beer?

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/15/15 11:17 AM

If you look at the wall on the right, the blue line is the height of 2007 flood, it's faint and above the double doors to kitchen. I did read where they built it with all the equipment removeable for this exact reason.
Posted By: Gmann

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/15/15 01:39 PM

Forecast is to crest at 633, only 7 feet below 2007 levels. I'm betting it goes up to 635 or more.
Posted By: I Got Worms

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/15/15 03:14 PM

I rented a cabin at mill creek for memorial weekend I hope it don't flood cry
Posted By: texashelms

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/15/15 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: justinneedsabeer
Here's the inside of it. Drive threw beer?

LMAO great pic
Posted By: brandon f.

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/16/15 06:24 AM

Originally Posted By: JRR
It's definitely fixed, wonder if that means once water recedes it's just washout, return equipment and get back in business ASAP. Haven't really paid attention to walls, bar, etc....as far as the materials made out of.

After the 07 flood, I'm pretty sure they rebuilt with construction materials that would not have to be replaced. Or very little remodeling. Wash it out and some labor hours cleaning up Category 3 water and they should be back in business. I would guess some or all of the kitchen cooking stuff will have to be replaced, but I bet they can get that stuff moved in pretty quickly.
Posted By: Fish Art Texas

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/16/15 08:56 PM

yikes that is going to mess up a bunch of stuff!
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/16/15 10:50 PM

Was up there Fri and it's very very full! No water being dumped out? Lots of floaters be careful
Posted By: Texoma Guide John Blasingame

Re: Told to move boat from marina at Texoma - 05/18/15 03:40 AM

That is Mill Creek buddy. Recognize my truck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum