Texas Fishing Forum

Throwback to Fathers Day

Posted By: VIPFishingJR

Throwback to Fathers Day - 05/04/15 05:43 PM

With Fathers Day in the near future I wanted to commemorate on a time I got to spend with my father. It was a hot afternoon evening, I asked if I could jump in. He said yes of course and then in the distance I could see whites jumping. I jumped out of the water and we turned on the engine and gunned it over to where the fish were. About 20 feet away we stopped the engine and glided in. We got our poles out and dropped. Immediately even before touching the ground we were catching fish. It went on like this for a good hour or two. A couple weeks later we got a newspaper from Lone Star Outdoor News and on the cover there we were, it stated, " Father and son catch hundreds of fish on Fathers Day." That's my Fathers Day story, what's yours? smile
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Throwback to Fathers Day - 05/04/15 09:10 PM

banana banana banana
Will always remember that day!!
Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: Throwback to Fathers Day - 05/04/15 11:20 PM

That's good stuff..... banana
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Throwback to Fathers Day - 05/04/15 11:25 PM

I took my dad many years ago to Texoma as he took me when I was very young, in my new Falcon boat 1st trip he got several 20 lb stripers,(before flood), took off sick next day and did it again, the best 2 trips of his life he said. Full limits both days. He would modify a 900 series red fin by removing the bill turning it into a top water, I still have a few he did.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Throwback to Fathers Day - 05/04/15 11:38 PM

Very nice post, Evan! Even if your Dad is a Hubbard potlicker cheer
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Throwback to Fathers Day - 05/05/15 12:04 AM

Great story Junior! Welcome to the forum. Who was dad following when you found those fish?

welcome popcorn roflmao
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Throwback to Fathers Day - 05/05/15 01:37 AM

Very nice Evan cheers congrats dad (Austin) ....We've had several but one of those fathers days about 8 or so years back we actually left them biting one warm overcast calm day out on mother Hubbard with several hybrids and bunches of magnum sandies fish See ya on the water soon VIP jr
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum