Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd

Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/03/15 01:07 PM

After the RHSA fundraise breakfast, Pastor John and Mtn Dew joined me to the new, almost full, beautiful Ray Hubbard Lake from 10:30 to 1:30pm. First few spots managed three little sandies. Then ran into Minh and he said some fish started to travel to the humps. So decided to go over and check and, BAM! Graph lit up! We caught good RHSA 16-17 inchers and sandies the fist 30 minutes. Then other group of fish would roamed under us every 5 minutes or so and steady catching on slabs for an hour and a half. The weather was perfect, the day was perfect. I like to say its a BLESSING!

Water temp 73. Depth 24ft. Winds S 7 mph. I am very happy to see the lake almost back to pool, and the fish are back to structures again. smile

Posted By: Duece

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/03/15 01:39 PM

Good to hear a normal report on Hubbard. Glad it's getting to be game on. Ill be out there this week and looking forward to high water.
Posted By: Fishboy Frank

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/03/15 02:06 PM

Was seeing text messages from Todd and others yesterday and the fish were cooperating! Love to see when that happening. The fishing will be great the next couple years. So thankful for the rain.
Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/03/15 03:05 PM

Good going Hubbard gang...Good seeing you all yesterday.
Posted By: tampc

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/03/15 11:21 PM

Wow good going Todd, can't beleave they are stay that long, I'm stay with them for 2hr. and it was so many undersize hybrids. Looking good for this summer
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/03/15 11:25 PM

coolphotos Good times.
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/03/15 11:25 PM

What a nice boat load of people you had.
Posted By: Pastor John

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/03/15 11:41 PM

Thank you Todd, you really found the fish and we all had a good time catching. The 50/50 by RSR was the lure of the day, along with my homemade flies. Mtn Dew was working hard on Saturday when he got called by his company. He is the kind of employee you want to have.

The hybrids are going to be great. They are about 15-17 inches right now and healthy and hard fighting. The work the RHSA is doing will make the fishing on Hubbard great for many years to come. Just imagine when those hybrids get to ten pounds or more!
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/04/15 12:26 AM

Great job SPT !! Rob and John glad you two got to get out and enjoy some fishing/catching cheers
Posted By: lmd59

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/04/15 06:48 PM

I fished early caught one hybrid about 6 lbs, had 3 break the line on 2 new reels that drag wasn't set just right, caught about a dozen undersized hybrids, about 20 nice sandies and one large mouth. Moved to the dam to catch some catfish, but a yahoo kept dragging his skiers by us, interrupting the calm waters at the dam. We moved over to the jetty and caught about 10 decent channel cats. For the life of me I'll never understand why the ski boats choose to fly up so close to fishermen when the whole lake was empty and smooth as glass.
Posted By: MtnDew

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/04/15 06:59 PM

Thanks for the kind words Pastor John, given that Bell is about to lay off 1,100 workers between now and July, I need to make sure they know they need me. just another day in the life of an IT guy smile

Todd did a great job guiding for us smile .. makes me so jealous for an ipilot.

-later
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/04/15 07:09 PM

Way to go Todd, Rob and John. Great to see you Rob and Pastor john.
Posted By: Kayak-Hooligan

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/05/15 01:28 AM

looking good Todd! thumb
Posted By: Fishn4Deer(PatrickSharp)

Re: Ray Hubbard Saturday May 2nd - 05/05/15 01:42 AM

nice fish!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum