Texas Fishing Forum

First Trip to LL for the season

Posted By: rsintx

First Trip to LL for the season - 05/02/15 05:15 PM

Finally got the boat on the water for the first time this year. Launched out of North Lake Park and wow its been awhile since I have seen the water that high. The docks at both ramps are under water.

Saw a few of the guid boats land a hybrid or two using live bait, but I never did get a bite myself. Hit a number of mid lake humps and points and didnt see much to even drop a slab on. Did a bit of chuncking and winding up shallow also and Nada. Hope you guys had better luck then I did.
Good luck out there and be safe.
Ryan S.
Posted By: don the angler

Re: First Trip to LL for the season - 05/02/15 09:01 PM

The fishing has been poor for quite some time on LL. They will hit bait and I have witnessed it being done. The artificial bait fishermen like me have been struggling. That is the reason I have switched to another local lake. Look for a report Monday morning. Had an excellent day today.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: First Trip to LL for the season - 05/03/15 04:30 AM

Good. More for me after mid-May grin

Ryan, try much shallower water. Like, 1'-3' deep along windblown shorelines with rattletraps or humdinger type lures. You might get a few surprises.
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: First Trip to LL for the season - 05/04/15 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek
Good. More for me after mid-May grin

Ryan, try much shallower water. Like, 1'-3' deep along windblown shorelines with rattletraps or humdinger type lures. You might get a few surprises.

+1
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: First Trip to LL for the season - 05/04/15 02:01 PM

live bait is producing but not in quantity. Ive seen others and had moderate luck myself in 20-30FOW on points. I went out on Saturday evening and fished with artificials and didn't get bit. I tried shallow with tail spinners and deep with slabs but couldn't get bit. I ended up throwing square bills in the marina and landed a single black bass about 1.5 lbs. LL will turn on soon.
Posted By: nogeese

Re: First Trip to LL for the season - 05/04/15 02:12 PM

Was out Saturday mid day and got skunked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum