Texas Fishing Forum

ticked me off!!!!

Posted By: YAKaddict

ticked me off!!!! - 04/27/15 11:21 AM

Nothing like catching fish schooling and having a non fisherman who doesn't know the difference between a hybrid and a sandie tell you "you're keeping fish that are too small".....especially when they are slabs. This guy went and assembled a lynch mob of his buddies and everything. Even after showing the difference between the 2 they still were threatening to call the gw.minimum is 10" all were 12+
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/27/15 11:48 AM

If all your fish were legal, you should have told them to go ahead and call the game warden. Then sit back and watch how the lynch mob gets scolded.
Posted By: bert

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/27/15 02:12 PM

Let them call the game warden, harassing you about your fishing falls under the Texas Sportsman Rights Act section 62(below), they would get the fine,

Sec. 62.0125. HARASSMENT OF HUNTERS, TRAPPERS, AND FISHERMEN. (a) This section may be cited as the Sportsman's Rights Act.

(b) In this section:

(1) "Wildlife" means all species of wild mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, or amphibians.

(2) "Process of hunting or catching" means any act directed at the lawful hunting or catching of wildlife, including camping or other acts preparatory to hunting or catching of wildlife that occur on land or water on which the affected person has the right or privilege of hunting or catching that wildlife.

(c) No person may intentionally interfere with another person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife.

(d) No person may intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any wildlife for the purpose of disrupting a person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife.
Posted By: banderapass1

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/27/15 02:39 PM

police
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/27/15 03:34 PM

more info, please.

like boat,truck ID/tx #'s,

what lake? what ramp?

descrptions of these people?

sounds like a PETA attack. I would have called TPW, & video while waiting..
Posted By: moonriver

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/27/15 03:37 PM

They were crying for attention. Just ignore them.

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/27/15 05:02 PM

We Were at lake Lewisville and it definitely wasn't the peta crowd , just a guy who thought he knew everything. It didn't stop me from fishing though and we killed it! Thanks for the input fellas , it just really got under my skin.It didn't help that we got into it with a group of people earlier in the day because they told us not to fish with our Boat in the cove where we have a slip because they were flying remote control airplanes. I was over dealing with people for the day.
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/27/15 10:22 PM

Tuff Crowd popcorn2 Someone was fishing extremely close to you man roflmao Next time act like you are kinda super slow freak and walk around in circles till they shut up hammer That's what I do fish
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/28/15 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: DrWhiplash
Tuff Crowd popcorn2 Someone was fishing extremely close to you man roflmao Next time act like you are kinda super slow freak and walk around in circles till they shut up hammer That's what I do fish

That's an act.Who knew.
Posted By: fmclee

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/28/15 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: fastguy®
Originally Posted By: DrWhiplash

That's an act.Who knew.

loco
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/28/15 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: PlanoKeith
If all your fish were legal, you should have told them to go ahead and call the game warden. Then sit back and watch how the lynch mob gets scolded.

Exactly!

Many years ago on Ray Hubbard me and my dad were catching the snot out of Sandies. We were throwing back 10 to every one we kept. Anyway a guy in a green Procraft fish&ski pulls up right beside us and couldn't catch a fish to save his life. He never spoke a word to us the whole time he was there and then left us with a huge wake when he left. 15 minutes later the Dallas Police show up and wanted to count our fish because they got a report that we were catching too many. LOL!! No doubt in my mind it was him that called in because we were the only two boats in sight that day.

Some people just don't know how to mind their own dang business.
Posted By: Double Row

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/28/15 02:53 AM

Post some pictures of your fish from today, I'm sure we can settle the disagreement.
Posted By: gotreal formerly known as getreal

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/29/15 07:23 AM

popcorn2
Posted By: big_whiskers

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/29/15 11:47 AM

I shoot down drones! Lol
Posted By: benp

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/29/15 03:05 PM

why would people get mad at you for fishing in a cove where remote control planes are in the sky? that is just plain weird. What day were you out We were out there saturday and sunday on lewisville. I wonder what boat it was?
Posted By: NekidTackle

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/29/15 03:20 PM

I had a similar incident, they claimed they owned the cove because they had their slip there..
I continued to fish, and ignored them, smiled on occasion which almost gave them a stroke!!!
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/29/15 04:13 PM

I just pretend I'm asian and they go away pissed...
Posted By: formula462

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/30/15 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/30/15 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: benp
why would people get mad at you for fishing in a cove where remote control planes are in the sky? that is just plain weird. What day were you out We were out there saturday and sunday on lewisville. I wonder what boat it was?

I was out Saturday .They were landing the planes in the water , I guess they paid to enter the marina and set up at the picnic area .

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/30/15 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: formula462
Originally Posted By: The Black Hammer

Made my day!

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/30/15 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Row
Post some pictures of your fish from today, I'm sure we can settle the disagreement.

I don't have any but trust me I know the difference between the 2 , we threw back under hybrids all day!
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: ticked me off!!!! - 04/30/15 06:28 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum