Texas Fishing Forum

Will someone please help me for Towakoni tmrw....?

Posted By: DILLIGAF

Will someone please help me for Towakoni tmrw....? - 04/24/15 03:59 AM

So I'm taking Dad to Twak tmrw. He hasn't been in years but tells me of the good ol days of fishing there. Any advice would be helpful, il be putting in at Holiday Park. I don't expect exact spots but just somewhere to get me started, thanks guys.
Posted By: hamster1

Re: Will someone please help me for Towakoni tmrw....? - 04/24/15 03:26 PM

Taking my old man out for his bday on Sat AM will be docking at holiday as well. Haven't been out since Nov last year so I'm looking for a little info. Not looking for spots, just wondering if the birds are working yet and what they are munching on. Sassys/Live Shad/Slabs?

If your out there today, be careful. Some nasty stuff suppose to blow thru
Posted By: I Got Worms

Re: Will someone please help me for Towakoni tmrw....? - 04/24/15 04:30 PM

Try the dam or on sat look for the boat show rooster tails rattle traps sayssys they hit anything
Posted By: EPIC Steve

Re: Will someone please help me for Towakoni tmrw....? - 04/24/15 04:46 PM

I fished the dam last Friday Caught 50 big sand bass and went back Saturday and caught 40 more
Fishing with small 3 inch size sayssy shad with a green tail. Good luck
Posted By: EPIC Steve

Re: Will someone please help me for Towakoni tmrw....? - 04/26/15 01:55 AM

How was the fishig trip? Did the storms hurt the fishing?
My boat is in the shop so we went to cutting horse show in Belton
Hope to be on the water next week
Posted By: hamster1

Re: Will someone please help me for Towakoni tmrw....? - 04/26/15 02:56 PM

It was decent for us. Docked at holiday and was PLEASANTLY surprised at the conditions of the grounds! Appears someone does care about the place! Cedar plank restrooms and the store was actually open! Anyways, on with the fishing. First stop was the dam, boat show with everyone casting bobber and minnows 5 to 10 ft off the rocks. Sandies after sandies getting pulled left and right. Looked in the tackle box... no bobbers. Fished some rooster tails, lite slabs, rattle trap, etc to no aval.

Ran down to holiday, marked a few but had lock jaw, threw on the ol deep diver and ran around a bit. Got 5 to 6 sandies. Ran down to the Greenville pump station and tossed anchor. Didn't mark anything but my ol man threw out the live shad and it was on for a good hour! Hybrids and short stripers! Last stop seems to always be the best smile

Also the water is WAYYYYYY up. Water was milk brown where the river runs threw, noticed much fish came in the cleaner water next to the brown. Lots of floating debris on the water everywhere. About another 6ft of water, and I'm leaving the boat at home, if you know what I mean smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum