Texas Fishing Forum

Great Saturday on CCL

Posted By: Herbeck's Lonestar Fishing

Great Saturday on CCL - 04/19/15 07:07 PM

Started the day on a great note by catching 2 Hybrids within 15 minutes of setting up. One 20 and one 21 incher. Caught 6 more throughout the morning ranging from 18 to 25 inches

and was off the lake around noon.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Great Saturday on CCL - 04/19/15 07:17 PM

Hey, that's my spot. Move!
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Great Saturday on CCL - 04/19/15 10:33 PM

Nice catch sir. I always struggle at Cedar Creek perhaps someday you can teach me how.
Posted By: Mantooth

Re: Great Saturday on CCL - 04/19/15 11:18 PM

Nicer fish. I was out looking for largemouth yesterday, but scouted a few humps, namely mid lake and Staubach, caught one small sand bass. Perfect fishing day yesterday! Then the storm came to CC last night.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Great Saturday on CCL - 04/19/15 11:26 PM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: Great Saturday on CCL - 04/20/15 01:42 PM

Good Job! Love the Hybrids and been trying to talk myself into heading to CCL. Looks like I need to head up there this weekend.
Posted By: flyingmonkey70

Re: Great Saturday on CCL - 04/20/15 02:17 PM

A friend and I went out pretty much all day Friday & Saturday.

We started out looking for shad for some cat fishing. The channel we were in started swirling with top water feeding bass. So we put down the cast net and caught a few small sand bass. Then they would slow down and we went back to cast netting. Then they would be back all around us and we would repeat the cycle.

On the main lake we fished at Staubach, Long Ridge, Spillway, Game Warden & St Anne's. We didn't have any luck at Staubach, Long Ridge or Game Warden. We had some action at St Anne's. Probably caught around 10 mostly smallish sand bass and yellow bass. We really got into them at Spillway on Friday. I'm guessing we caught over 100 between us. We finally got into some larger fish. My friend caught one legal hybrid and we caught quite a few short hybrids. I think he had two hybrids on at the same time, but one of the hooks straightened out. We ended up keeping around 30 sand bass on Friday and 14 on Saturday. We mixed it up jigging with bombers, using spinners, and rattletrap at times.

I caught about 30 yellow bass at Spillway. The #4 Mepps with yellow and red body and a silver spinner with red dots was irresistible to the yellow bass. My friend caught most of his with plain mepps #3 with silver blade.

Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Great Saturday on CCL - 04/20/15 08:48 PM

I had about the same experience Friday - caught a total of 45: 18 whites, 21 yellow bass, 5 short hybrids and a cat. Caught those at Kevin's Point, Carolyn Estates Point and Pole Dance Point. Looked but didn't find any at Long Ridge, Mid-lake Hump and Iron Wall Hump. Caught mine on #4 Mepps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum