Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni - small boat safety

Posted By: EPIC Steve

Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/19/15 01:04 PM

I am new to the fishing boat show for sand bass. I went to the dam and got my place in the show turned on spot lock. Then 2 young men came trolling up in 12 ft boat and started fishing. Started talking to them (nice guys) found out there boat was taking on water. Thy had to stop every 45 min pull boat on the rocks unload motor battery fishing equip ect. Then pick it up and drain water out. This help the fishing lol. After about 4 hours there TM battery was dead and about 1 mile from ramp. I could not leave them there (boat seeking, dead battery , no life jackits) towed them to ramp. Went back to dam and ther was another vary small V bottom with TM only. It was time for me to go home.
I have a 22 ft CC and I get worried when the wind starts blowing. Keep safe keep fishing
We had a good day with lots of distractions.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/19/15 08:16 PM

It is getting warmer. That is part of what summertime fishing is.
Posted By: Acypert

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/19/15 10:22 PM

How did you know they were gay? huh

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/20/15 12:53 AM

I meant guys lol
Posted By: Acypert

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/20/15 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: EPIC Steve
I meant guys lol

Yeah I figured. It made me laugh hard. Lol

You should have left it in there.

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/20/15 01:33 AM

Wife made me change it
Posted By: TexasBassBuster

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/20/15 02:00 AM

I saw them out there I just assumed that they had the boated loaded down with the yellow bass!

Did they make it back to the ramp ok?

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/20/15 02:35 AM

I towed them back to ramp
Thought I was pulling. Tube lol
Posted By: All Tint & Upholstery

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/20/15 12:11 PM

A big car wash sponge make a great "bilge pump". If it gets too bad, a bailing cup or bucket seems easier that unloading the boat.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/20/15 12:19 PM

That's nice of you to take care of your fellow man, E-Steve! Did you post from your smart phone? If so be careful with the phone's auto correct, and proof read first hehe.
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/20/15 01:57 PM

Great job Steve ! That's part of being a responsible boater and it's the law to help a stranded vessel cheers
Posted By: MtnDew

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/21/15 06:01 PM

Nice of you to help them. Kudos to you Steve.
Posted By: Duece

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/22/15 03:09 PM

I seem to be a magnet for the "Boat that needs help" , I.ve towed dozens of people. And I've come to a few conclusions. Typically the boat that needs help is skippered by someone that simply isn't prepared. Sure there are mechanical failures, etc.. That can't be helped but it's usually - out of gas, or I didn't check battery, or I didn't watch the weather. Now a days I start with " throw me your tow line "and that will tell you in a second who you are dealing with. I've been handed 6 foot shoe strings that they expected to do the job.
Your first concern is are they safe and heathy, second is get them out of the way of other boat traffic. Then there is the issue of how far are you going to tow them. It's really slow going. Short runs no big deal but I've tied up to people that thought I was going to tow them18 miles... I'll drag you to to the nearest ramp, you beach your boat, you are safe and dry and you can make calls to solve your problem. I know that sounds cold but you can get sucked into all afternoon ordeals on some fools errand. Be safe, Think ahead.
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: Tawakoni - small boat safety - 04/23/15 11:57 AM

You know how you can tell if your roommate is gay...................... bannana2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum