Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard Friday AM Report

Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Hubbard Friday AM Report - 04/11/15 12:42 AM

Took two buddies from work this morning from 7 to noon. We caught only one fish. Doh! Fished many spots and didn't mark much baits or fish. Did mostly shallows, chunks and winds but nada. Several boats were trying but saw nada also.

But was my first time on hubbard in months and it felt good to run the boat and seeing so many changes. Harbor Bay looks way different now but the ramp is good again thanks to 5ft more water since December smile

I blame the front yesterday Lol. Water temp were 63 to 65 degrees. Winds N 10 to 15 mph.

I caught this almost legal RHSA hibbie near my boat on a tail spinner. It was chasing a shad on top, I saw, I cast, bam! Aggressive bite! About 5 yards from the boat. About 9 AM ish.

That's all I got. Not much to brag. But I am sensing it could be game on soon. Good luck guys! smile
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Hubbard Friday AM Report - 04/11/15 01:42 AM

It wasn't any better in the afternoon Todd. I picked up where you let off. Fished from 12 to 4 and didn't get anything. Drove the lake, tried shallow and deep of all the places I know and didn't produce anything. Great calm day out on the water though.

Re: Hubbard Friday AM Report - 04/11/15 02:13 AM

Thanks for the afternoon report, Z. It may be game on tomorrow. It's call fishing after all grin
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Hubbard Friday AM Report - 04/11/15 02:31 AM

Thanks for the updates SPT and Coach bang it'll get better soon
Posted By: Jerrybign

Re: Hubbard Friday AM Report - 04/11/15 02:37 AM

We were on Hubbard from 7 till about 3ish. 5 of us on a pontoon boat only mustered up one sandie, one nice channel cat, and 6 bass. Wasn't anything to right home about, but, since we haven't been fishing since last summer.... IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! smile
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Hubbard Friday AM Report - 04/11/15 09:22 AM

Same story here, we looked shallow all morning and only put 3 fish in the boat but 1 was a Hybrid right 7 1/2 lbs.

The shallow water bite is just around the corner. This cold front that come thru Thursday, I am sure slowed down the bite yesterday. It is going to rain Sunday thru Tuesday, if the weather pattern holds up next weekend should be great!!
Posted By: MtnDew

Re: Hubbard Friday AM Report - 04/11/15 01:36 PM

Thanks for the report. Glad to hear there is some more water in the lake.

Re: Hubbard Friday AM Report - 04/11/15 05:21 PM

We saw your crew, JerryB, huntN hard like we did. Yes, it's awesome to be on the water!

Awesome hibbie, Twin! cheers grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum