Texas Fishing Forum

Creek sandies today

Posted By: PlanoKeith

Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 01:42 AM

Got to be off work today and went to the creek for some fly rod action catching spawning sand bass. There were a lot of fish around but i only got 13 and missed 10. Met Joeslab and saw several fly fishermen i met last year. Saw Banderspass1 and his son down there too. Good seeing everone. Looks like a good year this year thumb

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 01:54 AM

Nice fish. Good job on the fly! cheers
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 01:56 AM

Nice work sir. It was great to meet you. Glad you caught a few. thumb
Posted By: Fishboy Frank

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 02:03 AM

Way to go Keith! Mother Hubbard picked back up after closing the cupboards a few days! It's good to be catching.
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 02:38 AM

Plano 'OnThaFly' Keith showing some skills cheers Very cool catching bro!! Glad ya made it out ....
Posted By: TheKingOfFish

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 03:11 AM

Good to meet u too Keith! Great job!!
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 05:25 AM

Hey Plano still not sure how many there are going to be. But that creek your in has had some Sabine size toads coming out of it the last few weeks! Hope to see you there sometime if you ask a guy what there throwing on a fly rod and they tell you chartreuse and white clouser or nothing that's me lol.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 05:26 AM

A lot more water this year the fish are a lot further up already if that helps.
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 12:02 PM

LongRod, very nice!
Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 12:29 PM

Nice going Keith....Glad you got out of work to fish.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 12:36 PM

Nice workout Keith. Where's your bunny? police
Posted By: awdieee

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 12:41 PM

Good job Keith. We saw you during the afternoon and like what Robert said, you need to check upstream too. wink
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 01:54 PM

Great fish Keith. I wish the lakes were as good.
Posted By: banderapass1

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 02:35 PM

You can never have too much fun and you were having a blast.Always good to see you.!
Looked like you have the fly rod mastered..!You did well Keith,good job..!
Posted By: xmatador

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 06:13 PM

Hey Keith, good job! We talked briefly yesterday and exchanged PMs on this site before. I was the guy with the little girl who likes to catch fish but not eat them smile
Posted By: Mix

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 06:18 PM

Nice job!
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 07:35 PM

Nice catch Keith. Thanks for inviting us along. Maybe next time.

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 11:34 PM

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get out there again. smile

Robert. I will look for you.
Awediee good to see you and Chuck, I went a little farther up the creek and you guys( Robert / Awdieee) were right. They are everywhere.
Now i just have to get better so i can catch like you guys. smile
Moe I LOVE IT!! the Long rod is cool --LOL--
Xmatador I thought i recognized you . Your little girl had me tickled she likes to catch em but won't eat em to save her life Ha roflmao I loved it.

Roy I WILL CALL NEXT TIME LOL

I am just glad i had a day off from the last three weeks of working everyday and i was super lucky that at least i got to catch some on the " LONG ROD " cheers
Posted By: Filletmaker

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/16/15 11:40 PM

Glad you had fun Keith. banana flag
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/17/15 12:56 AM

Nice Keith. This year is going to be good for all the creeks if the rain keeps up.. One creek has hybrids already, one creek is full of crappie, and all of them have sandies. Nice not to have to drive so far for a limit of something.

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/17/15 04:23 AM

flehan
Posted By: Mahoro_Su

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/17/15 04:46 AM

keith, saw you on the fly rod as we were leavin, wasnt there a bass boat parked close to you?

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/17/15 05:45 PM

Yes Mahoro_Su ( Chef ) that guy was just coming down the middle of the creek and he really didn't care if he was in anyones way or not. I chatted with him and he said he had only caught a couple of cats out on the main lake. I could have cursed him out but i knew he couldn't get way up stream where the fishing was better So i was nice and left smile

Also after i came out of the woods that evening i saw this and i think he was prowling around down there. So BEWARE and make sure you are legal everyone thumb

Posted By: benp

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/17/15 06:10 PM

he came by where we were fishing sunday as well. friendly guy. Hey PlanoKieth, we met a year or two ago and I have not seen you since! I never make it out to hubbard so that is why probly. Anyway, I started fly fishing and have managed two whites so far, but was going to ask what size clouser you use, I have some that are a little over an inch in total length and some that are around 2 inches or maybe a hair longer. mostly white / chartreuse with a little crystal flashing. Just started tying as well.
Posted By: atsimo

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/17/15 06:34 PM

Down to go and meet some of you guys and learn the trade, would be my first time doing something like this as I am new to the area.
Posted By: Mahoro_Su

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/17/15 08:57 PM

glad to see the game warden out on the creeks again.. so sick and tired of the netters...
Posted By: "Ol Spookin

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/17/15 11:42 PM

thumb
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/18/15 05:29 AM

Don't warn them that captain gw is in the house let em get caught, stops the peeps that trash places out.
Posted By: bright

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/18/15 06:21 PM

Hi this is mathew form plano, your previous client. will you be having a trip for crappie bank fishing this year. I want to be in if so. I am ready to sign in may be my partner too. please reply. my cell:2149146217(text is fine)
and one more thing, what kind of bait we can use to catch hybrid from creeks.

thnaks for the help in advance,

Mathew.

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/19/15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Mahoro_Su
glad to see the game warden out on the creeks again.. so sick and tired of the netters...
thumb
Posted By: BassYakin

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/19/15 08:49 PM

Saw two GW out at Rowlett creek the other night. They are going to get hand cramps from writing out so many tickets.
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/19/15 10:02 PM

On a Fly-Rod.
Outstanding.
My Grand-Dad. Would be proud.
Good job!
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Creek sandies today - 03/20/15 12:12 AM

Nice going PK
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum