Texas Fishing Forum

March 10 on Lake Lewisville

Posted By: don the angler

March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 01:03 PM

Fished yesterday with old friends Rudy (lovfldx) and pappapeck. Got on the water about 9 AM in the fog, but it soon cleared. The weather was almost perfect with light winds and cool temperatures. We went straight to the deep water and the fish were there. The screen on the graph looked like that all day. I am not giving away any secrets since this is a very popular spot to fish and the fish have been there all winter. You would think all was needed was to drop the lure into the fish and reel one up. It just did not work out that way. The lure had to be presented almost in the fish's mouth and then most times it was a very soft bite. Most fish came on the slab and some on the dropper fly. I was rummaging through my tackle and happened across some "flies-by-night" that had been misplaced for quite some time. They still work. We also used some of sandjohnny's flies and they worked very well also. We left about 2:30 and the bite seemed to be improving. Total for the day was 61 fish including Rudy's blue cat. He kept 24 for the table and the rest were released. The whites were very healthy and ready to drop their eggs. I am ready to go again. grin

Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 01:22 PM

Nice work gents. Hopefully we've had enough rain for them to get up in the creeks to do their thing. thumb
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 02:15 PM

Great report Don. I hadn't been to Lewisville for quite a while. Very promising...
Posted By: benp

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 02:57 PM

looks like they are back to the pattern that was there before the freezing weather. Water temps still in mid 40's, Read that fish spawn down south in colder temps, they must already be running now in our lakes just not super active yet I guess
Posted By: Luke57

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 04:51 PM

Looks great I'm going to try the same thing on Ray Roberts
Posted By: BigDad

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 05:10 PM

My phone didn't ringwife Just kidding, I was sick anyway. Glad you had a good trip with that good lookin crew! banana
Posted By: BOSTON BOB

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 05:43 PM

Guess who's back...Shady's back!!!! What's up folks?? Glad you had a good trip, Don. Way better than my trip to Ray Bob. Spring pattern should start soon (I hope). Can't wait to see you guys on the lakes.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 11:10 PM

Welcome back Bob! Lord knows your ears must have been on fire yesterday as the three of us swapped Boston Bob war stories while filling my ice chest.

BTW for those of you that notice such things, you will note that I am using a PAINTED jig head, hence the blue cat instead of a sandie, and Papa Peck purposely turned his fish where the UNPAINTED jig head would show! Sactilege on my part, but it worked, so hey!

Rudy

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BOSTON BOB
Guess who's back...Shady's back!!!! What's up folks?? Glad you had a good trip, Don. Way better than my trip to Ray Bob. Spring pattern should start soon (I hope). Can't wait to see you guys on the lakes.
I thought you were dead.

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 11:39 PM

Slim Shady cheers
Posted By: BOSTON BOB

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/11/15 11:50 PM

Just been living the dream, hoping I NEVER wake up. Between landscaping, fencing, coaching, kids, etc., etc., I just been busy!!!! Still get to fish sometimes, though.
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/12/15 01:03 AM

welcome back, Bob!
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/12/15 02:52 AM

BOSTON BOB taught me everything I know about fishing these big lakes!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/12/15 02:54 AM

Nice fish! Good job. thumb
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/12/15 02:57 AM

Nice report, DTA! Like that graph pic and always glad to see a good report from lake LL thumb

I recalled lake LL posts were dominant when I joined TFF a decade ago grin
Posted By: Whiskey Bob

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/12/15 05:12 AM

Nice report Don ! eeks banana
Posted By: don the angler

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/12/15 12:19 PM

So, yesterday another friend and I fished LL again for a few hours. He will go unnamed to save him embarrassment. The fishing was tougher with about ten whites landed. One day you think you have this fishing thing figured out and the next you wonder why you even do it. bang Going to give it another try on Friday.
Posted By: Pastor John

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/12/15 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

I recalled lake LL posts were dominant when I joined TFF a decade ago grin

Todd, I have heard that from many people. They said, "acres of fish hitting the surface." I've been living on this lake for two years and I've never seen it, in fact the fishing is lousy, or at best inconsistent. I hope the increase water levels will help the spawn and revive the fishing on LL.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/13/15 01:01 AM

Excellent Don!!

Ya know, I think I know one of those spots laugh
Posted By: Vaughn Coomer

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/13/15 02:45 PM

Great to see you guys catching some. I hope to get some time this year to get my line wet again.

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/13/15 11:32 PM

Another of the old LL crew is back. Good to hear from you Vaughn!
Posted By: Mark C

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 03/14/15 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: BigDad
Another of the old LL crew is back. Good to hear from you Vaughn!

thumb
Posted By: Vaughn Coomer

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 04/12/15 12:44 AM

I will be if this business ever gives me a chance to get out. It's a damn shame having my boat a few yards from the park gate and no time to put it in the water.
Posted By: Fab

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 04/12/15 02:30 AM

Good to hear that the bite is returning on LL.
Great report DTA!
It's more famine than feast for me the few times I have gone out.
Glad to hear your back BB.

I am doing the same as far as staying busy.
Lots of soccer and stuff with the kids.
Praying that I can catch a break and get back out on the lake.

Tight lines everyone!
Fab
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 04/12/15 03:04 AM

We went out today in search of black bass but didn't do well so we ended up on a main lake point in 20 FOW. Saw gas passer and cactus flyer with his son and they were putting in a clinic. We managed a few
And had a great time.

Nice to meet you cactus flyer. Hope to see you guys again soon.
Posted By: Cactusflyr

Re: March 10 on Lake Lewisville - 04/12/15 03:26 AM

Nice to meet you as well. Thank Rick, he put me on them, we just seemed to be able to stay on top of them. If you see us pulling them up, get as close as you want, always love company.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum