Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13

Posted By: Guide Joe Read

LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/08/15 10:20 PM

LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S ASSN. SANDBASS TOURNEY!!!

AT LAKE TAWAKONI STATE PARK JUNE 13 2015

1ST PLACE $1000.00
2ND PLACE $600.00
3RD PLACE $400.00
(based on 100 entries)

This is a fundraising tournament.
All proceeds will go toward Hybrid re-stocking!

FISH FRY *** AUCTION *** DOOR PRIZES
After weigh-in

FISH FRY BY SID EVANS & ASSOCIATES
Free to contestants
$10.00 for non-contestants

ENTRY FEE ADULTS $50.00 BIG FISH INCLUDED

KIDS DIVISION 12 & UNDER $10.00
All the kiddo's will recieve at least one prize!! most of the time more!!
****** SO BRING THOSE KIDDO'S ******

TOURNAMENT HOURS 6:00 AM TO NOON
REGISTRATION 5:00 AM AT LAKE TAWAKONI STATE PARK BOAT RAMP
You May Also Pre-register online At www.laketawakonisportsman.com
Official Rules go to www.laketawakonisportsman.com

If you need to speak to alive person contact: Threesea's Greg Clark 214-213-3393
or me Joe Read 903-880-7207 cell and No you won't have to press one for english!

For all complaints contact FASTGUY GEORGE!!

With resent rains all the lakes are on the rise! Tawakoni is now 8.75 feet low which is much better than over 12 feet that we were!! More rain on the way tonite and tomorrow!! With this much rain so early in the year I feel very good about our lakes getting back to normal pool so lets keep our fingers crossed and keep up the Prayers!!

I'm sure Mike Oser aka www.moestackleshop.com our computer guy will help out with easy steps to online entrees***donations***and all online support!

If you would like to donate a item or money for this event please contact any of the people in this post Thank You!

I would like to say Thanks to all that help put this Tournament on it is a large group effort!!
and of corse Thanks to all that fish and support the LTSA Tourney!!
Thank you all for giving back to Lake Tawakoni!!
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/08/15 10:32 PM

Sounds fun! I'm on vacation that weekend!
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/08/15 10:47 PM

Be there with bells on!!! And then some breakdance
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 02:26 AM

Fun tourney. Good people. Good food. Great cause! Will do it again this year. Thanks LTSA! texas

Hey Joe, I pressed 1 and sexy lady's voice said $2.99 for first minute, $1.99 after...
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 11:31 AM

I will update the website this eve Joe Read! I'm off to the "SlabLab" to make cool new Striped Bass Lures at super low prices smile

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 11:52 AM

Done! Joe Read......I need to build a new website!

http://www.shop.laketawakonisportsman.com/LTSA-Sand-Bass-Tournament-SBT.htm

*VERY IMPORTANT : Print and bring a Entry Form and your website receipt! You will need the web receipt to weigh in
Posted By: threeseas

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 12:25 PM

place yur bets now ....WHEN WILL Oser DQ HIMSELF ?????
Posted By: Mix

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: threeseas
place yur bets now ....WHEN WILL Oser DQ HIMSELF ?????

6:01. smile
Posted By: Dawg gone fishin

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 02:05 PM

Oser will DQ him self eek2
Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 06:04 PM

Already have a generous offer for a $1000 grant from Bubba Evans with Walmart!

Remember, we are collecting items for the auction after the tournament. If you have something you would like to donate we would certainly like to run it across the auction block. We will auction about anything so don't be shy, lol
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 08:54 PM

Don't forget the fish fry immediately after the weigh in. banana banana walking
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 08:55 PM

Oser never takes me to DQ.
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 09:04 PM

Hmm... Might have to enter this tournament.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/09/15 11:19 PM

I think it was 6 AM last year? You may want to check out our blog page and see what weights have won the last tournaments!

http://www.laketawakonisportsman.com/blog.html

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/10/15 02:20 AM

I tried to set the tone for ya Moe last year as we made our grand 'Holiday Marina' entrance at 5am blaring the bullhorn looking for any signs of life... Then even had the Jimmy Houston Theme song cranked up in the ole Skeeter before we departed .... We shall try the same tactic this year as well ... But not sure about Roy's tactic ?? Tha ALL niter roflmao he actually held together just fine grin Get your game on!!!!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/10/15 02:39 AM

I'm bringing the bloodhounds with me so that money is mine. And yes I will be playing "Who Let The Dawgs Out!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/10/15 03:53 AM

Well I'll be Dog Gone!! grin
Posted By: Filletmaker

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/11/15 03:13 AM

Cant wait it's a great time.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/12/15 01:29 PM

Tawakoni now only 7.58 feet low Woo Hoo !! banana

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/12/15 02:28 PM

That's great now if they will slow down the pumps and we get more rain.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/12/15 02:55 PM

WATER LEVEL

Feet MSL

Thursday, March 12, 2015
8:30:00 AM
Level is 7.54 feet
below full pool of 437.50
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/12/15 08:54 PM

Oh yea!!!! banana
Posted By: Bry Fly

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/18/15 02:31 PM

I plan to be there. Looking forward to it!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/18/15 06:03 PM

me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/20/15 01:11 PM

Great event! Still don't know why 3C's did not invite me on his vacation?
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 03/20/15 02:10 PM

Couldn't fill the station wagon with enough diet milk for both of you??

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/09/15 02:03 PM

Only 65 days till we have one heck of a fish fry !! I can almost taste it now! Yummy good food !!

Also getting in some awesome stuff for the Auction like a pair of Cannon down riggers!! From Reeves Oil Company.

If you would like to donate items for the Auction please contact Greg Clark, myself, or anyone else with LTSA, Thank for your support!!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/10/15 08:12 PM

Ready for some hush puppies!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/22/15 07:52 PM

Which way are the HUSH PUPPIES???

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/27/15 12:14 PM

Only 46 days till start time Boys and Girls!
Tawakoni 4.29 feet low and rising !! banana

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/28/15 11:51 AM

Please share this on FaceBook please!

https://www.facebook.com/events/812427518792531/

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/28/15 07:03 PM

if u have any small children that needs to be watched during the tournament ??? Oser is in charge of the DAY CARE again this year ...

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/29/15 01:22 AM

Oser is running day care!!! He told me he was watching the bloodhounds while I fished.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/29/15 01:53 AM

if u have any small children that needs to be watched during the tournament ??? Oser is in charge of the DAY CARE again this year ...

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/29/15 12:49 PM

PARENTS CAN FISH WITHOUT ANY WORRIES .....

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 04/30/15 12:37 PM

Kids dig me! Sugar Snacks, Mountain Dew, letM Rip!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 05/02/15 01:10 AM

These two are at the top of there class fish

Thanks Moe for tha' love of kids juggle

It won't be long now I'm ready for 'HOLIDAY' weekend at Twok! May just win this thing this year cheer
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 05/06/15 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: DrWhiplash

That kid drinks all my beer! Hope he get big enough to drag his own cooler soon.
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 05/08/15 12:06 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Bluwave Mike

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 05/09/15 07:52 PM

Super Duck will have them kids making slabs and jig heads. Free child labor cheers

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 05/09/15 07:54 PM

4000 nth post ^^^ what did I win?

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 05/23/15 02:46 PM

I wish I could make this tournament but work has gotten in the way and I don't think my boss will fall for that I am suck today excuse.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 05/31/15 10:19 PM

Time to rally your troops with just under two weeks to go....get your team and boat juiced up for a great event! Fishing Tawakoni is as great now as the fish fry afterwards! If you haven't attended this function now is a great time to do so..... Come one come all to meet, greet and take in some good eats fish food Oh and the auction always has cool items to bid on cheer
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 05/31/15 11:19 PM

Time to rally your troops with just under two weeks to go....get your team and boat juiced up for a great event! Fishing Tawakoni is as great now as the fish fry afterwards! If you haven't attended this function now is a great time to do so..... Come one come all to meet, greet and take in some good eats fish food Oh and the auction always has cool items to bid on cheer

Pack the shark suit and the bullhorn. It was missed last year.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/03/15 02:11 AM

Tawakoni is bout 1 1/2 feet above normal pool , water stained but not to bad, fishing is awesome!
Hope to see you there on June 13 bring your wife bring the kids bring your buddy's it's going to be FUN TIMES !!

I haven't had much time to look at TFF so if you need to contact me call or text me 903-880-7207 cell
Sorry for the delay in responding to messages.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/06/15 11:57 AM

If you pay for the tournament on line, print your receipt and bring it to the event. You will need it to weigh in and show you have paid. We will shut down the website at 9 PM CST 6-12-15. If you do not sign up on line by then you can pay Sat AM at the state park! Thanks for your support! Off to the SlabLab!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/07/15 02:57 AM

We just (dad da Ladiesman) just clicked on the LTSA web site and paid up for next weekend.. yes it was that easy!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/09/15 11:40 AM

Thanks for all the web sign ups for the LTSA Tournament this Sat! If you are buying multiple entries, GREAT and Thanks! You will get an email receipt like the one below! Ray has purchased two (2) tickets to fish the tournament! Ray needs to print one for himself and one for his guest and they both need to bring receipts to weigh in! Starting to get my A-Rig molds in, and will have a nice bag for the auction with a bunch of other stuff! I will be in Oregon on Holiday, but some1 keep me posted on who gets the "TREE" in their boat smile Have fun Ya'll!

My $$ is on Dr. WhipLash to win it ALL!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/12/15 01:23 PM

My side bet is on the LadiesMan ray! thumb

Big money for the top three. Big fish lake and one of the best lakes in Texas, IMO. Best wishes for a big turnout for LTSA. Good luck to everyone! Hope LTSA raises a bunch to $$$ and keep twok a good fishery for years to come! Man, Ive been so busy with sons activity and life and haven't been back to Twok in over a year. Doh!!!

I did my part and donated the online entry a few days ago and too busy this Saturday to join the fun. Good luck to everyone and LTSA! texas
Posted By: HOSEMAN JD

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/12/15 11:17 PM

Good Luck Everyone!!!
Posted By: Fishman_DAN

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/13/15 08:50 PM

Any results?

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/14/15 02:54 PM

We were blessed with another great day of weather for our tourney! We had 58 adult entries and 6 kids this year. I don't know how, but I managed to stay busy all day and did not get any pictures. I know Joe Read got quite a few so ill let him post pictures. Feel free to add yours as well. We are still tallying up what we took in from entry fees, t-shirt sales and auction, but will try to get the figures soon. The state has been stocking so heavily the past few years that we are going to keep adding to our bank account and hold off our stocking until we feel it will be the most benificial for the lake. It should be the largest stocking we have ever done !

so...... the results, and forgive me on spelling and last names:

1st Place Cliff Dalton! Aka BigFishCliff
2nd Ruben Sanchez
3rd and you wont believe this.......lol - Dr.Whiplash aka Terry Boyer!

Big fish was a little over 2 pounds caught by Jeff Scheaffer

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/14/15 03:04 PM

So these two guys won first and third??? I need to drink more diet milk! clap

Congrats LTSA for another good one! cheers

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/14/15 06:25 PM

Had a great time as usual out on the water grin Thank you captain Aaron Dallasfisherman1 for bringing your Biggo FishMaster so we would have plenty of dance floor breakdance for the Ladiesman Ray, Rockwall Roy and Big Fish Cliff !!! The food and hospitality is second to none at this LTSA function cheers
Mr Joe Reed

winner winner

Back at camp with SkeeterSteve

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/14/15 10:18 PM

Congratulations Big Fish Cliff 1st and Dr. Whiplash 3rd. These 2 guys can fish. Also kudos to Ruben Sanchez on 2nd place. The LTSA tournament is a class act tournament and it is a lot of fun as well. Good food, good friends, and a great lake to support.
Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/14/15 11:44 PM

Congrats to all the winners

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/15/15 05:21 PM

I will get the results from Joe and post a blog! Looks like a lot of fun! FYI, Oregon Coast is Cold, Windy, and wet!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/15/15 05:25 PM

cheers
Posted By: IBFishing

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/17/15 10:17 PM

Great Time Folks as always, been so long since I was on here didnt remember password. Thanks LTSA
Posted By: Filletmaker

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/18/15 02:40 PM

I hated missing it this year. But congrats to all the winners. Looks like the RHSA crew made a good showing.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/18/15 03:33 PM

Here are the results and a quick video! Looks like fun! See ya'll next year!

http://www.laketawakonisportsman.com/blog.html

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/18/15 06:00 PM

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI SPORTSMAN'S Assn. Sandbass Tourney June 13 - 06/18/15 07:51 PM

Great video. Joe Read may be missing his calling as a sports reporter.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum