Texas Fishing Forum

Any reports on the Navasota?

Posted By: WeaponOfBassDestruction

Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/05/15 06:42 PM

Has anyone heard anything recently about the whites on the Navasota? Is anyone catchin em yet?
Posted By: 254fishin

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/06/15 04:44 PM

I went 2 weekends ago and cought 20 and had a close call with wild hogs.
Posted By: 254fishin

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/06/15 04:45 PM

They where all males
Posted By: Striper Lifer

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/06/15 05:14 PM

Are y'all talking above Limestone or Ft. Parker? I fished the river a couple of months ago and launched in the SP at Fort Parker. I was after crappie instead of whites, but would go back down if they run in that area. Very nice stretch of water... I saw one freak of a hog along the bank there, 254. I was sitting in 16 foot of water so I wasn't concerned. I would hate to see that sucker jump if I was walking the bank though.
Posted By: daily_outdoors

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/14/15 03:21 AM

Anybody fish this week or seen how the river looks?...Thinking about trying it out this Sunday...
Posted By: Waco Crappie

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/14/15 01:18 PM

I'm going today. I'll send an update as to how it's going out there.

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/14/15 09:25 PM

bang

That's my update lol. We get there at 10am and there are a few cars at the bridge past groesbeck. We go down there and one lady was fishing she said there wasn't anything happening there and she left. We stayed 3 hours and never got so much as a bite. Judging by the water line marks and the leaves packed in the trees close to the river it looks like it flooded and the water level was up 6-8 feet in the past week or so. I didn't know they had gotten so much rain. The banks weren't to muddy but the water was and random bushes and tree branches were floating down the river.

I wonder if the white bass will run up it again after a week or so what do you guys think? Looking at how much water would have came through it would have pushed every fish back to the lake. That's my report another bust.
Posted By: daily_outdoors

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/14/15 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Waco28 Crappie
bang

That's my update lol. We get there at 10am and there are a few cars at the bridge past groesbeck. We go down there and one lady was fishing she said there wasn't anything happening there and she left. We stayed 3 hours and never got so much as a bite. Judging by the water line marks and the leaves packed in the trees close to the river it looks like it flooded and the water level was up 6-8 feet in the past week or so. I didn't know they had gotten so much rain. The banks weren't to muddy but the water was and random bushes and tree branches were floating down the river.

I wonder if the white bass will run up it again after a week or so what do you guys think? Looking at how much water would have came through it would have pushed every fish back to the lake. That's my report another bust.

Thanks for the update...Guess I won't waist my time driving out there tomorrow...I can tell you they are not up the North Bosque at Waco either...I did not get a bite today or see anybody catch any...Lots of boat traffic also...

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/14/15 11:33 PM

I know I tried the north bosque yesterday afternoon. They were catching crappie at the bridge right at sundown but the bite only lasted 30 minutes then it was dead. We caught 7 at the 185 bridge but only 3 were keepers so we threw them back.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/15/15 12:41 AM

I was in the South Bosque this morning and had one bite (8") and that was all. Lots of boats and the game warren. River is muddy from hog creek down.
Posted By: CenTexSkiff

Re: Any reports on the Navasota? - 03/15/15 02:51 AM

Was in the middle bosque today but dang the boats were everywhere. Fly fishermen were tearing them up by the wall behind the golf course. We didn't get a bite. One kayaker pulled his stringer up and it was loaded, but of course had a fly rod in his hand.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum