Texas Fishing Forum

Any Cedar Creek reports?

Posted By: TJ_Hughes21

Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/25/15 05:49 PM

Thinking of giving it a shot this evening. Anyone been having any luck out there?
Posted By: zchad

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/25/15 08:43 PM

Have not been on lake, but it definitely caught some water....
Posted By: Dawg gone fishin

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/25/15 10:50 PM

Was there last weekend. Slow.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/26/15 03:28 PM

This is too late to help you, but Saturday Jan 24 I caught 36 including 2 legal hybrids in about 2 1/2 hours. Most on east end of Long Ridge in 23 fow.
Posted By: Herbeck's Lonestar Fishing

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/27/15 11:27 PM

I have been out quite a bit on CCL. Out Friday from 3-6 and then Sat from 8-1 and Sunday from 8-11. Pounding the boat looking for bait balls and deadsticking. Having quite a bit of luck catching ONLY hybrids and very little Whitebass action but that is the way we like it!Here is a few pics.

Posted By: Thump My Jig

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/28/15 12:35 AM

Those are some nice TOADS! Well Done!
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/28/15 12:40 AM

Very nice. Sweet! I can't catch fish on Cedar creek to save my life.
Posted By: Guide Chuck Rollins

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/28/15 01:10 AM

I was out today and fishing was fine. I didn't hammer the hybrids but white bass action was fine. This winter has been pretty good overall with lots of white bass and hybrids mixed in. Last week the action was even faster than this week.
Look for bait and fish near deep water. I haven't fished a hump all winter long, the dead sticking to me is just easier. Good luck.
Anyone wanting to go out give us a ring, we have a $25 off special thru the end of the month. We are catching mainly white bass and hybrids. The crappie have been slow for us lately.
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/28/15 05:15 PM

Is there enough water north of 175 for a small boat to up into Lacy Creek? Thanks
Posted By: flyingmonkey70

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/28/15 09:01 PM

nice hybrids. thanks for sharing. good to see Dennis is still fishing and catching.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/29/15 11:59 PM

Tried Tuesday but caught only 6 as fish were reluctant to bite even tho I could see them down on structure. Tried again today and managed 33: 30 whites, 2 yellows and a short hybrid. Fished east end of Long Ridge and East Hump in 22 to 25 fow. Fastguy came by and said he had caught several nice hybrids in 27 to 33 fow.

Lake level is up to 317.12 - which is 4.88 ft low. For reference, that gets us back to the level the lake was at around September 14 last year.
Posted By: Herbeck's Lonestar Fishing

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/30/15 03:31 PM

Check out this Dandy we caught on New Years Day!
Posted By: MBDLAW

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/31/15 09:35 AM

Ugh - jealous of these pictures - been out on Cedar Creek in afternoons several days in a row on SW corner of lake - very small boat so haven't been able to hit deep water and...zilch - to build confidence caught tons of catfish and carp from shore- not as fun but better than a total shutout...
Posted By: Polar

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 01/31/15 02:43 PM

MBD. I think I have seen you out there. If it is you I have been seeing, you certainly are persistent! Do you live in Lakewood?
Posted By: MBDLAW

Re: Any Cedar Creek reports? - 02/03/15 12:57 AM

Yup - staying in Lakewood and I am probably who you saw - my girlfriend's family took their pontoon boat out to clean it (boat I used to use) so I have been using a small pelican boat - tough without a fish finder - had very good success for a while, but zilch the last week or so - headed back probably tomorrow - feel free to say hi next time I am out there - I am persistent, that's the only way I know how to fish well or to learn why I am not fishing well...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum