Texas Fishing Forum

Oct 28th. Lake Texoma.

Posted By: Texoma Guide John Blasingame

Oct 28th. Lake Texoma. - 10/29/14 12:33 AM

The cold front that came through today seemed to really get the fish fired up. The birds were working and the fish were aggressively chasing baits. I helped my buddies at Striper Express today and me and Jimmy put a whooping on the fish. I caught almost 60 fish on slabs and had a few good ones too. I had a couple of large trips this past weekend and it was a bit of a grind out there for the artificial bite but the cold front today really helped and I think it's about to get real good. The bait is really getting thick out there and the fish are starting to fill back out. Lots of fish with bait in their stomachs today. Bring on the winter bite. Dead sticking is starting to work and this is my favorite time of year. It was a great day on Lake Texoma.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Oct 28th. Lake Texoma. - 10/29/14 03:24 AM

Nice haul. Good job. cheers
Posted By: KillerHuy

Re: Oct 28th. Lake Texoma. - 10/29/14 05:01 AM

Looks like a great time thumb
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Oct 28th. Lake Texoma. - 10/29/14 11:02 AM

Nice tables of stripers, how many blades did you dull?
Deadsticking already?
Thought the water temp had to get below 60 or so. Thanks for the info.

Will be up there for my yearly Nov. trip Nov 11,12 & 13 fishing with Striper Express.
Can't wait, need a striper fix!
Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Re: Oct 28th. Lake Texoma. - 10/29/14 03:28 PM

Deadsticking is working. Awesome
Posted By: TIM CLINE

Re: Oct 28th. Lake Texoma. - 10/29/14 04:39 PM

Good Work!
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Oct 28th. Lake Texoma. - 10/30/14 01:50 AM

Nice work John. Great report thumb
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Oct 28th. Lake Texoma. - 10/30/14 02:50 PM

Deadsticking in 70 deg water temps?

I sure have a lot to learn about fishing Texoma. I would have thought the fish would become more active as the water temp went down. That table full of stripers is very impressive.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Oct 28th. Lake Texoma. - 10/30/14 02:54 PM

I agree with Steve S. I was always thinking of dead stick bite at 60 deg or ..lower
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum