Texas Fishing Forum

Cooper

Posted By: Brandon_Gibson

Cooper - 04/06/14 03:20 PM

Anyone know if all this rain has helped cooper out at all? What water level does it need to get back to before you can launch?
Posted By: Drawout

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 03:29 PM

needs to come up 3 ft, this rain did not help any to speak of cry

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 03:44 PM

It's almost up to 428...so 431 is the magic #?

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 03:45 PM

I just checked it and saw 428 also so it should just need 1.5 to 2 ft and we can launch, come on rain !!!

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 03:46 PM

Btw we are suppose to be able to launch at this level but over the years the silt has changed it big time. sure wish they would dredge

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 03:47 PM

Right on...maybe this mornings rains will help
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 04:00 PM

If I don't get to fish this week I will make a drive to Dr Creek and get some new pictures, I would love to be able to get on Cooper again..

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 04:06 PM

Please do. I may try to get by there one day this week as well. Haven't had my new boat on cooper yet and my son and I are really looking forward to getting back out there.

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 04:14 PM

I heard that some spots close to Cooper showed 8", I don't know where or if true, but got the info from a very good fisherman there. I am just N of Tawakoni and all together we have not got over 1/2" here, on Tawakoni yesterday and honestly it seemed lower at the St Park ramp going out, there are new things showing that I have not seen before.
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 04:19 PM

I went on Friday to bank fish. All ramps are dried. Will need a hurricane to bring the water level up. Check out this post I posted 3 weeks ago. The water came up some but still long way to go.
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/9835074/1

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 04:23 PM

I did speak with the Ranger not long ago and they said it would take a 1 foot rain ! To do it. Not just showers over time but 12" at 1 time. Not long ago there was a boat in Cooper but I don't have a clue how they got it in and out.
Posted By: Slingbait

Re: Cooper - 04/06/14 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: lenahorse
I did speak with the Ranger not long ago and they said it would take a 1 foot rain ! To do it. Not just showers over time but 12" at 1 time. Not long ago there was a boat in Cooper but I don't have a clue how they got it in and out.

I have been kayaking there lately and I have seen some guys driving down the Tira ramp to the point and man handling a small boat off the trailer. They will fine you if they catch you doing it. Right now the bite a little off but after the water clears and warms up a bit it should be pretty good, Hopefully the level will continue to rise.
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Cooper - 04/07/14 01:41 AM

lenahorse...the Sabine crested at 14 feet with the tornadoes and flash flooding. None of that made it to Tawakoni?

Re: Cooper - 04/07/14 02:50 AM

Dan it might have but we saw things that I have never seen before out of the water, I do know the ramp area is down the sign said about 2.8 foot I think, there is a sand point I saw going out that I have never seen before.
Posted By: Shutterbuff

Re: Cooper - 04/07/14 02:57 AM

Tira on Saturday 4/5.
Posted By: slim1

Re: Cooper - 04/07/14 12:18 PM

I'm going by Tira today. I'll see if I can get some pictures. I would advise everyone not to drive past the barricades on the ramp. They are giving tickets.
Posted By: medic911

Re: Cooper - 04/07/14 01:08 PM

As of this morning.

Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: Cooper - 04/07/14 01:54 PM

When ya'll see this.............

It will be time to fish Cooper smile

Re: Cooper - 04/07/14 05:16 PM

Doctors creek in the photo you posted is looking a lot better come on rain ! Looks like few more inches and you can launch flat bottoms and small boats.
Posted By: MtnDew

Re: Cooper - 04/07/14 06:46 PM

Thanks for the pictures .. I keep hearing how great the hybrid action on Cooper is, can't wait till I can get my tin boat in the water over there.

-rob
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: Cooper - 04/07/14 10:24 PM

I hear Bank Anglers are killN "IT" at Cooper? Interesting report from some East TX Hotshot Anglers?

Re: Cooper - 04/10/14 01:47 PM

ramp is useable again for small boats I know ! Come on sunday rain !!!
Posted By: tufffish

Re: Cooper - 04/10/14 10:26 PM

johnny, is a 16' tracker deep v small enough?

Re: Cooper - 04/10/14 10:41 PM

Not sure yet I plan to go check tonight... lady said small bass boats were launching
Posted By: Bayou boy61

Re: Cooper - 04/11/14 01:32 AM

Are they launching at Tira or dr creek

Re: Cooper - 04/11/14 01:43 PM

Doctors creek. I went last night and Im confident I can launch the tunnel hull 18 ft express but im also thinking bigger boats can launch.When I arrived last night there was a center console 19ft at least dual axle trailer parked near cleaning station charging I assume they launched yesterday and were gonna launch again today.

Re: Cooper - 04/13/14 06:23 PM

wENT BACK BY THERE AND THERE WAS A PONTOON TRAILER IN PARKING LOT SO APPARENTLY HE LAUNCHED A 20 FT PONTOON.SRRY FOR CAPS
Posted By: slim1

Re: Cooper - 04/13/14 11:45 PM

You might be able to launch but you need to be extremely careful. There are stumps every where just under the water. The trees were cut when the lake was built and the stumps are still there. There are a lot of humps just under the surface. You can run aground real easy. Cooper right now is like a political candidate just because it looks good don't trust it.

Re: Cooper - 04/14/14 01:11 AM

hmmm Good point but that's the way all north texas lakes are right now so everyone is already being extra cautious
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Cooper - 04/14/14 07:39 PM

Good News Drawout Thanks for the info thumb
Posted By: Double Row

Re: Cooper - 04/16/14 01:15 AM

I've got a 24' Hurricane deck boat with a 200hp on it. Do you think I would be able to launch it?

Re: Cooper - 04/16/14 01:29 AM

Yes you should be able to now the lake just came up almost another ft

Re: Cooper - 04/17/14 05:20 AM

On second thought maybe not, I launched 19 ft deep v today and it is kinda tough getting over couple shallow high spots !!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum