Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma...the June bite on lures this year

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/26/13 11:51 PM

Last few weeks the lure fishing been a real roller coaster up here on Texoma. Only pattern is not one smile As soon as a pattern emerges it changes here lately. Topwater continued first week and was awesome,then 3 slower days and a week of great slab action. then a few days of weird bite real real early,then a few days of on one day off one day i'll explain later. The good days been oh so good,the bad really bad and the not so ugly started good and just ended...flat line...game over frown
earlier in the month the slab bite went for a week and it was greatness!

then last week a few days were the first 20-45 minutes they bit then nodda lot after that then friday awesome,saturday bad,sunday was as good as it gets all big fish deep water runs,monday horrible almost skunked then come home to my dog dead,after all that pain tuesday i chased smaller fish with a few good ones mixed in on the flats and then today deep water runs on fire again. Not sure if the super moon was the cause but that's a good start smile

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/26/13 11:55 PM

cont...

uploading more...
Posted By: BBQFISH

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 12:00 AM

Sorry about your dog

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 12:07 AM

thanks she was a real good one!
Posted By: TexomaStriperHunter..Stephen A

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 11:19 AM

Bummer about your dog.....
Yes it has been a roller coaster bite, but heat and new moon coming up should help settle them into the good steady slab bite. Not to mention that they still have empty stomachs....they gotta eat, and when they do...hang on!
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 12:00 PM

Sorry about losing your dog, seems like bad things come in threes hopefully it will all change for the better.
Posted By: etu

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 12:14 PM

Love the coffin pic!!
Posted By: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 03:45 PM

Good looking fish smile and very sorry about your dog .. Mine is like a member of my family ..
Posted By: Fish'nFool

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 03:54 PM

Nice haul!! Sorry to hear about your dog. That's never easy.
Posted By: Pawboom

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 03:57 PM

Sorry about your dog. Know how that hurts.
Posted By: JSIG

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 04:26 PM

Hey Chris. Been a while since we talked, been absent from here for a while - working too much. Very sorry about your dog. I know the feeling. Finally got out there Monday & Tuesday this week w/ my boy & well, let's just say I picked the wrong 2 days this week. The wind was a beating & couldn't keep my boy interested in not catching so spent most of our time @ the islands playing on the beach & putting him on bluegill @ the dock. We still had a blast. Hope the slab bite gets steady for you soon. I know those hard days for lure guys all to well!
Posted By: young cat

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 04:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your dog

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 06:46 PM

Think about her alot now she gone and think of all the times she wanted to go with me and I was like next time girl...won't be a next time.
Good news is they went again today and I had a client catch a 76 lb blue on a slab...unreal battle! Got a double today do pics later...
Posted By: JoeS

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 10:05 PM

Up and down summer for me-more down than up. 76 lb on a slab-terrific. Didn' do all that well this morn, but second shift has worked pretty good. By the way, thanks for the help. Going to Albertsons now to get that jerky meat. Sorry about the dog. tough for the boys, I bet.
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/27/13 11:31 PM

Great fish.

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/28/13 09:35 PM

Well 3 days straight they went on the slab runs so hope we are in full swing. Pics later
Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/28/13 10:29 PM

Good job Chris! Had fun shooting the bull with ya today on the phone. Gotta get up there and fish this Summer for sure!
Posted By: awzstriper

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/28/13 11:24 PM

Man these striper express guys can hunt those Texoma fish! I was out this week one day with Chris and one with jimmy and it rocked!
Posted By: BobC

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/29/13 12:12 AM

Chris, so very sorry about your dog! I know how you feel.....really. We just lost our Toby a couple of months ago and it upset the whole family. He was diabetic and had lost weight. We were there when the vet pulled the plug. So very sad.

BTW.....great fish!
Posted By: Pawboom

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 06/29/13 02:42 PM

Can't wait to get back up there.
Posted By: MagicWand

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 07/01/13 03:57 PM

Thanks for taking time to share all your great fishing pictures and sharing your loss.... we feel your pain. Keep catching them!
Posted By: Going Green

Re: Texoma...the June bite on lures this year - 07/01/13 06:01 PM

Sorry to hear about your dog. I do the same to mine, after reading this, he will be in the boat next trip. Nothing heals like time well spent on the water! Thanks for the report!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum