Texas Fishing Forum

Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek

Posted By: taylor202

Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/15/13 03:22 PM

Thinking about heading up there today to go after some sandies and crappie. Anybody else want to come?
Posted By: 79scooter

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/15/13 03:51 PM

just go, there will be PLENTY of people to talk to...LOL

PS, I wish I could bang
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/15/13 09:45 PM

I plan on heading there next weekend with my yak. Hope you had some good luck if you went out.

Scooter let's go next weekend bud. I saw you there that one day but didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I need to restock the freezer!

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/15/13 09:55 PM

I will be there in the morning
Posted By: gotreal formerly known as getreal

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/16/13 05:43 AM

they were en fuego yesterday.
Posted By: JohnnyRingo

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/16/13 10:23 PM

Thinking about taking my daughter out to Marshall creek. Never been. Any. Suggestions?
Posted By: chads

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/17/13 01:43 AM

Johnny from the sounds of it I would stay east of the 377 bridge.. Good luck..
Posted By: RaptureMan

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/17/13 02:10 AM

I went two weeks ago and they were East of 377. I was catching them next too the rocky area where they had the construction two years ago. Since then with the rain last week are they still going to be East of 377, around the bridge or west of it now?

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/19/13 08:17 AM

any good reports yet ?
Posted By: Thereelbrianwood

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/19/13 03:35 PM

It's not on yet the ladies are still holding their eggs. You gotta squeez really hard to force them out I think we are still 2 weeks away from it being good
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/19/13 05:33 PM

good luck
Posted By: Fat Like Elvis

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/19/13 06:12 PM

Does anyone know why its taking so long for the spawn to kick off at Grapevine? I fish the Sabine outside of Carthage quite a bit. The run actually started towards the end of January over there. The fishing has been great. We're not that far away from east Texas. BWOOD, if you're right, and I think you are, that's almost two months difference. Is it all temperature? What's up? -Fat
Posted By: B G

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/19/13 07:11 PM

So I it worth going to Trophy Club Park and launching or should I hit the main lake ramps and search for them around Meadowmeer or the Crusher?

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/19/13 07:36 PM

lake
Posted By: B G

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/19/13 07:58 PM

Thanks, were do I pay the launch fee for meadowmere? I normally just launch at TCP but don't think I can get to the main lake from there tomorrow.

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/19/13 11:50 PM

You wouldn't make it to the lake from TCP I don't think. Prob sheer a pin trying
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/20/13 01:20 AM

Fatlike elvis I fish eagle mountain all the time and the lake will just not warm up. It has only come up 3 degrees in the last 2 1/2 weeks. Cool nights I guess. This date last year water was 64 degrees and it is only 57 now . Hope this helps some. Until the lake gets 60 it ain't going to happen.
Johnny
Posted By: georgeZ

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/20/13 03:15 AM

Went to east of 377 bridge after work with my friend and caught this beast. I was jig fishing for crappie and white with my ultra light rod and 6 pd line, they guess the weight is about 18-20 pound, took me a good 20 minutes fight to get it on the bank

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/20/13 05:54 AM

George need to go back with some shad fish I'm going to hit the lake tomorrow .. around the mouth with the ole Ranger and see what is haning out there ..will report later..

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/20/13 01:23 PM

Chad, I am waiting to hit that crappie spot we fished last year near the hole

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/20/13 01:30 PM

Chad, I am waiting to hit that crappie spot we fished last year near the hole
Posted By: bigcheessee

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/21/13 02:10 AM

Thats the ugliest cat Ive ever seen lol
Posted By: FishSaint

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/21/13 12:20 PM

I went to the creek(denton?)south of the canoe launch on 380 yesterday (I had to walk about 1/4 of a mile to find any holes deep enough to hold any fish. At first it was slow, but I ended up landing 5 fatty female sandies 13"+ and a white crappie on white and chart/blk roadrunners fished sloooooow over submerged brush. There were a few more that I missed (thought I was hung up or hitting structure)and some big ones that I saw hitting top water. But they are definitely up in the creek now. I suspect it will be better on Friday with the warm days we've had. So I'll be going back early that morning to see if I can get enough for a fry.
Posted By: fred hagin

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/22/13 01:08 AM

Congrats on the fish, but you were on the Elm Fork of the Trinity River.
Posted By: FishR2099

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/22/13 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: fred hagin
Should he be eating those? sick
Posted By: jwjones

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/22/13 02:21 AM

Headed out to denton creek tomorrow. Anybody got any news? Going to try to float down west of 377 bridge, looking for some drag time.
Posted By: fred hagin

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/22/13 02:39 AM

Elm Fork fish north of the California Crossing dam in Irving are OK to eat. South of that dam, there are PCB contaminant problems.
Posted By: FishSaint

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/22/13 10:42 AM

Knew denton creek didn't sound right....
Posted By: JRR

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/22/13 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: FishR2099
Should he be eating those? sick

We are drinking the water !

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/24/13 03:12 AM

I went on Wednesday and the Trophy club launch is low and i did see a flat bottom with a 40 hp. launch .. I had my Ranger and went to lakeview and lanched .. I headed to the mouth and was able to creep up into the creek.. It is crzy low at the mouth had to raise motor.. I was able to get all the way back into creek back past the Trophy club launch.. it was a beautiful day and My girlfriend caught one Sandy and I caught one Crappie with jigs. spent most the day in the creek..seen allot of guys not catching anything.. so as we left we got all the way back to the lakeview launch and the birds were working by the launch and we caught 41 big female Sandies.. I forget how to up load pics so as soon as I figure that out again I will post.. I went today and same thing in the creek one Sandy and one Crappie .LOOKS LIKE THE LAKE IS WHERE THEY WILL BE UNLESS WE GET A GOOD RAIN...George I miss that spot ..[img]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z429...pg?t=1364096479[/img]
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/24/13 02:54 PM

Thanks for the report chads, I've been working the creek every week for 5 weeks, hit and miss. I've suspected the main schools were still in the lake.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/24/13 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: chads
I went on Friday and the Trophy club launch is low and i did see a flat bottom with a 40 hp. launch .. I had my Ranger and went to lakeview and lanched .. I headed to the mouth and was able to creep up into the creek.. It is crzy low at the mouth had to raise motor.. I was able to get all the way back into creek back past the Trophy club launch.. it was a beautiful day and My girlfriend caught one Sandy and I caught one Crappie with jigs. spent most the day in the creek..seen allot of guys not catching anything.. so as we left we got all the way back to the lakeview launch and the birds were working by the launch and we caught 41 big female Sandies.. I forget how to up load pics so as soon as I figure that out again I will post.. I went today and same thing in the creek one Sandy and one Crappie .LOOKS LIKE THE LAKE IS WHERE THEY WILL BE UNLESS WE GET A GOOD RAIN...George I miss that spot ..[img]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z429...pg?t=1364096479[/img]

I have never seen the creek so low you could not launch there. I would normally think that the ride from the lake would be worse then the trophy club ramp. How many boat trailers where in the lot?
Posted By: Ryan Cook

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/24/13 09:46 PM

I launched my 22' xpress the other day with no problems

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/25/13 12:38 AM

Ryan I heard of a few larger boats launching from a couple guys . it look like you need to be on the left side or something .. I should have side scanned it to see what it looked like .. I didn't want to take a chance..

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/25/13 12:39 AM

Bryan at trophy club there was a few and at lakeview only me and this was Wednesday not Friday ..
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/25/13 04:20 AM

My boat is smaller than Ryan's so it should be no problem.
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/25/13 04:25 AM

Thanks for report

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/25/13 12:55 PM

I dont think the creek is going to do much this year... catching tons of sandies full of eggs in the lake. I suspect once it warms up again... points and rocks are gonna be the key this year. Just an FYI
Posted By: Bin

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/25/13 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: 79scooter
I dont think the creek is going to do much this year... catching tons of sandies full of eggs in the lake. I suspect once it warms up again... points and rocks are gonna be the key this year. Just an FYI

+1
I have catching crappie by boat docks last week.

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 03/26/13 12:41 AM

I see some rain in the forecast for next week , but I don't think it will be enough frown I am going to stay on the lake till after this rain next week.. than try again.. Good luck everyone..

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/01/13 06:45 AM

any reports for this past weekend , I did not get a chance to go out ?
Posted By: fishinmachine

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/02/13 05:26 AM

Flowing a bit, finally. And a but muddier than it was before the rain.

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/02/13 08:15 AM

looks like some more rain coming soon.. we may still get a spawn going ..
Posted By: MrWhite87

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/07/13 02:34 AM

we'll be out there in the morning, so come the afternoon, I'll have a report. hope its kicked off and those girls are hightailin it upstream...
Posted By: Budlitego

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/07/13 03:48 PM

I heard they are biting really well yesterday. My buddies passed the Game Wardens going out.

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/07/13 10:39 PM

spent about 4 hours out this morning, east of the bridge. caught 6 good whites, 3 fat females so it seems like they're catching up to the males. I dont usually prefer to fish east of 377 though, so when I parked just south of the first bridge, grabbed my gear, I headed west, over the road, and stopped when I got to the Railroad tracks. They have posted "no trespassing signs, and blocked the trail! whats the deal? I thought that was all ACoE land too! I wanted to head back to the "blue" and "Honey" holes, since BWOOD was busy and couldnt bring his boat out and get us to the Henrietta hole.... I want to know why they closed that trail down, because thats my favorite place to fish. Anyone have any info?
Posted By: Fat Like Elvis

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/08/13 12:54 AM

Fascists!

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/08/13 12:56 AM

Need help .. If anyone see's a male chocolate lab , with a red harness . Please call 817-800-5957 . Thanks .. Sorry this is a little off topic ..
Posted By: deepwaterd

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/08/13 02:05 AM

good luck
Posted By: Striper Swiper

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/09/13 02:56 AM

They must be catching fish because there were about 3,000 people there today.
Posted By: Denton Pond Jumper

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/09/13 03:16 AM

The same at Alton Bridge today.
Originally Posted By: Striper Swiper
They must be catching fish because there were about 3,000 people there today.
Posted By: FishR2099

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/10/13 03:36 AM

Buddy of mine texted me pics of nice stringers today and yesterday. From the 377 bridge.

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/14/13 05:58 AM

they have been getting them near the 377 bridge ..
Posted By: cwil

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/15/13 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: MrWhite87
spent about 4 hours out this morning, east of the bridge. caught 6 good whites, 3 fat females so it seems like they're catching up to the males. I dont usually prefer to fish east of 377 though, so when I parked just south of the first bridge, grabbed my gear, I headed west, over the road, and stopped when I got to the Railroad tracks. They have posted "no trespassing signs, and blocked the trail! whats the deal? I thought that was all ACoE land too! I wanted to head back to the "blue" and "Honey" holes, since BWOOD was busy and couldnt bring his boat out and get us to the Henrietta hole.... I want to know why they closed that trail down, because thats my favorite place to fish. Anyone have any info?

This should all be coe land, i havent fished out there since they closed the parking by the tracks on west side. Here is a map and this area you describe is clearly in coe land.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/grapevine/Information/GR_Lake_Map_2013.pdf

Re: Marshall Creek/ Denton Creek - 04/15/13 02:13 AM

I guess I'll just have to make a call. I spent today and last sunday on the east side out of respect for the "law", but if CoE/TPWD tells me that I'm still allowed to fish my favorite holes, those signs' posters can kiss my arse! sand bass are biting though. caught a few large girls this morning, but as I've said before, I've got too much white bass in the freezer, so the only thing I brought home was the 6lb cat that swallowed my bait before I got my second line out first thing this morning.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum