Texas Fishing Forum

TAWAKONI

Posted By: Guide Joe Read

TAWAKONI - 10/27/12 03:01 PM

Well my custormers and I decided not to fish Friday and this morning with this north wind blowing 20 mph plus Tawakoni is not much fun. Made that long 8 mile drive this morning from my house to Holiday Marina to look and see if the birds were working out on the humps...Jimmy...Matt...Trent...and a couple other boats were sitting in the parking lot...watching the birds work out on the humps...so Matt and Trent decided to give it a try...I watched as their boats bounced high in the air as they headed straight into 20 mph winds...Looked as if the birds quit shortly after they got out there...talked to Matt on cell phone as I was headed home he said it was not looking to good.

Fishing has been good all week here on Tawakoni birds working at times...some times not...but it sure makes for a fun trip when those Hybrids are chasing bait to the top...I've been guiding 24 years now and still can't get enough of those fish blowing up on top. 4" Sassy shad chart or glow and 1 1/2 oz godfather slabs ( from www.moestackleshop.com ) have been putting the big fish in our boat all week!!
Most years it's been mid to late Oct and Nov before these fish really turn on big time! Here's a few pics of some of the fish my custormers kept this week...and we released many more...Fun Times!!

Posted By: lenahorse

Re: TAWAKONI - 10/27/12 03:16 PM

Here in Cash just N of Quinlan the wind is almost calm, I was also going & taking a handicapped vet today but he cancelled due to not feeling well, and I am still wanting to go! But not alone.
Whats your thoughts on this afternoon? Would it be worth it to go?
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: TAWAKONI - 10/27/12 03:31 PM

I'm up north and the white caps just stopped flowing it's been rough this morning, no doubt.
Posted By: Guide Joe Read

Re: TAWAKONI - 10/27/12 03:51 PM

Weather Bug is showing 6 mph NE wind gusting to 8 mph 46 degrees...outside my house looks like the wind is much stronger than 8 mph!!
Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: TAWAKONI - 10/27/12 04:05 PM

The only reason we tried is because a massive bird pile was going. By the time we pulled out of the marina they quit rolfmao we waited and watched about thirty minutes and came back in. Lake was really calming down about ten am as I pulled the boat out, oh well.....

Might try it this afternoon instead.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: TAWAKONI - 10/28/12 03:10 AM

when we got off the water this evening at 4:30p.m. there were still whitecaps on the south end of the lake...it never did get "calm." and something happened bout 6 when I was cleaning fish cuz I got COLD!!!!!! BRRRRR.....
Posted By: Stripaholic

Re: TAWAKONI - 10/28/12 03:52 AM

My customers ran about 45 minutes late this morning. Their band celebrated a little too hard last night in Tyler after performing. This morning that meant 45 minutes less of schooling under a gazillion birds in 4' seas. eeks Have you ever fished while trying to ride a mechanical bull? hammer I had warned them of the wind as they were going thru Canton. When they got here and saw the seas someone said "there ain't no way in h-ll I'm getting out in that!" grin So I passed the binocs out and pointed the way and heard "Holy Sh-t lets go!" laugh By the time we got out we had it for about 5 minutes before it ended. It could have been "one of those days" with an early start. bouncy bouncy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum