Texas Fishing Forum

Slow morning on Lewisville

Posted By: GoFishNow

Slow morning on Lewisville - 09/15/12 05:04 PM

4 hours of fishing from the kayak = 4 fish. Had one hard hybrid strike but missed it. Keep in mind, I had no electronics. Wanted to use lots of different baits so I had on a snap swivel. Don't recommend doing that, they foul up the bait frequently. No other sand bass fisherman were in sight. Noticed that Lake Park opened before 7AM for a bass tournament.
Posted By: Skipper Chuck

Re: Slow morning on Lewisville - 09/15/12 09:22 PM

I notice that your catchin a few with the RSR glitter shad too. That's my favorite bait! It was a little tough out this morning. Here is one that I picked up this morning on LL using the glitter shad. Good Times!

Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: Slow morning on Lewisville - 09/15/12 09:36 PM

Way to go BassFan. That looks like a good one. Just for the record, I am an equal opportunity lure purchaser. smile
Posted By: PittState

Re: Slow morning on Lewisville - 09/16/12 02:35 AM

Looks like fun to me! GoFishNow, IMO September is the hardest month to catch fish consistenlty. Every time a front moves in, it seems to shut them down for a couple days on Lewisville. September is like March, lots of fronts and lots of tough days. October will soon be here and the fishing will be lights out!
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Slow morning on Lewisville - 09/16/12 11:15 AM

Has anyone ever noticed that when you catch multiple species, the fishing is usually slow? We had a semi-decent day yesterday. Caught whites and a few hybrids, but also crappie, catfish, and drum. The two crappie were 12-14 inch ones.
Posted By: fjackie

Re: Slow morning on Lewisville - 09/19/12 09:37 PM

Don, did you catch those crappie while fishing for whites?
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Slow morning on Lewisville - 09/20/12 10:58 AM

Yes, they hit the slab and fly combo. Plan going later this morning and zero in on the crappie. There are a lot of brush piles on the humps.

Looks like GoFishNow has had his topic hijacked. Sorry.
Posted By: spro

Re: Slow morning on Lewisville - 09/20/12 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: GoFishNow
Wanted to use lots of different baits so I had on a snap swivel. Don't recommend doing that, they foul up the bait frequently.

May want to give speed clips a try. They are a lot smaller and don't tangle as much.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores...&N=97009370
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum